Xbox Live Trial

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by vern, Feb 8, 2005.

1. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I have a new modded Xbox, I want to test it out on Live ... I already play on Live, but want to test this box out without affecting my other account ... does anyone have a trial Live membership that they aren't going to use? You usually get one with an Xbox Live enabled game, peripherals, and the holiday pack which I had, but I threw it away thinking I wasn't going to use it.

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Won't make a difference mate, it won't be your xbox account that is banned, but the xbox itself.

Assume that if you were even going to consider trying this then you would have a mod chip that can be completely disabled.

3. vern

Yes I have an X3 on this Xbox and yes it can be completely disabled. I realize that bans are implemented using the EEPROM but I just want to test some things out. This is a second Xbox BTW ... since I already have another.

4. lad_in_brum

lad_in_brum OSNN Addict

I have the x3 chip on my xbox and have been using it for about 2 months, including xbox live you shouldn't get banned if the chip is disabled. You will prob get banned if you have used xbox live, you put in a bigger hard drive and then try using the same xbox live account.

In the UK I think one of the xbox magazines has a two month trial cd..not sure about in the USA though.

As EP said its not the account that gets banned.

5. vern

Well in any case ... if anyone gets one of those trial Xbox Live accounts, hook me up.