xbox case painting.

Wet sand with 400, then 1000. Apply primer. Paint away. Another option is applying a basecoat of whatever color and then doing a multilayer mask off. You peel off each layer as you add another coat of paint to get a design and or different color. Then clear coat and polish. I have a friend who did a textured paint with HALO in clear lighting paint over the top, so only after the lights were turned off did it glow. No pics, but it looked cool.

Sorry about not updating, here is the front pannel, all is done but I gotta jet so I will post the rest once i get home tonight or from work tomorrow, but the front turned out great (the side of dvd drive is silver with it, so it goes great) Put in jewel light.. this is kind of a tease if you will. Thanks for all info on sanding. I resanded and then primed it with plastic primer and just started over painting.

Hey anyone notice he got some grey on the blue !

messy messy !!!

mooo said:
I painted one of my xboxes today. It looks like its going to turn out ok but if anyone has any plans on doing it going to give a few words of advise.
1) don't sand it. If you use the krylon metallic stuff, it will not need the primer nor sanding.
2) use good spraypaint. I messed up and got the cheap (3.46) and not the (4.75 krylon metallic) silver chrome for some of it and had to redo it.
3) don't rush it.

I will post finished picture later tonight once i am done.. I still have to do the jewel mod which I think i am going to do in the next week if i can bust in some time from work and class.

BTW i know the color scheme has been done over and over again, so on my next one I want to do next weekend, A little advise on colors would be great. Give me suggestions on colors and what you think would look good. I am still getting the hang of painting so nothing THAT complicated.

btw, i know i got some grey on the blue. I have to wait for the grey to dry but it will be fixed :)

Was a joke in reference to him saying this way back

oh lol :)that is gone now, i just tried to paint the xbox logo on the dvd drive to finish it up, once i get out of the shower will go check on it and see if it actually worked.
vasoline = amazing when you don't want to paint certain areas :)

Why pain your xbox when you can do this to it:

clrblkx3vert.png

http://www.o2xmodification.com/products.html

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back