Xbox and PS3 share wifi

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Ok so i have this which is hooked up to my ps3 (no wifi, but backs compatibility) and now since im awaiting my 360 to arive, i want to use that with both devices. Will something like this work if only one unit is using the web at a time?

4109d7e4-67cb-4615-9100-d4414db02651_CTEN_200x200.jpg

No, you need a network switch.

The best option would to buy a Linksys WRT54GL and use a third party firmware that support being a wireless bridge (ddwrt) and using that.

This way you have a bridge (like you linked) and an integrated 4 port switch.

Those look like adapters to run two network connections through a single Cat-5 cable... Two connections go in one end, a single cable connects the two, and two network connections come out the other end.

They make these adapters so that you can run two devices on a single (presumably already run) network cable... It works because in a standard 100mb or 10mb network connection you only actually use two pairs (out of 4 pairs in a cable), so one of the incoming network connections is switched over to the unused pairs of the single existing cat-5 cable.

These won't work with Power Over Ethernet, or Gigabit Ethernet.

But no... unfortunately you CAN'T use them as you stated.

I'll second Admiral Michaels advice: Wrt54GL (Or V4 or earlier Wrt54G) with custom firmware.

I use Talisman from Sveasoft... lots of options, easy to setup and configure. Not sure where the other firmwares are at these days... haven't looked into them for some time.

Mainframeguy used one of these when we ran out of switch ports when he and I were sharing a flat in London. They work a treat :)

Just re-read the first post and realised you already have the Belkin bridge. So just get a cheap 5 port switch and you're good to go.

If you don't want the extra hardware around then get the Linksys router.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back