Xbox 360 Launch Thread

Yay..My wait is over, its just been delivered, premium pack with Quake 4 and COD2. Ill post some reviews at about 2pm UK time...im off to set it up now

Damn I wanna play Quake 4 and COD2...

... hehe.
I ordered Project Gotham 3 yesterday, but I guess I will just be able to look at it for a few months.

lad_in_brum said:
Yay..My wait is over, its just been delivered, premium pack with Quake 4 and COD2. Ill post some reviews at about 2pm UK time...im off to set it up now

I am jealous. I can't stop going into an EBGames evertime I go to the mall because I have to play CoD2 everytime :p

That was the game I played the other day, COD2, it's crazy sick, especially on the HDTV!

The 360

The 360 is prob a little smaller that the current xbox, but 100x sexier

The 'power brick' is massive, prob about 10" x 3"

Setting up the 360

Was a painless experience, press a button on the 360 and then on the wireless controller and they are synchronised.

When i first switched it on i had the infamous 4 red lights....which i found out ws a problem with my AV cable, when plugging it into the 360 it 'clicks in' and I had only pushed it in...I think i was being a bit too gentle with it.

Quake 4 is absolutely amazing, even on my standard tv with the crappy cable that comes with it, so when i get the advanced re/green/blue cable im hoping for even more of an improvement.

Problems/gripes

Would have been better if the AV cable they supplied was an advanced one, as i guess 95% of people with have to go out and buy one.

I cant seem to fit my cambridge audio digital cable into the AV cable that comes with the unit so no digital 5.1 sound at the moment.

So, am i happy with it...damn right i am.

Next things to do

Play COD 2 and then play QUAKE and COD 2 online
See how it plays movies
Try streaming music from PC/Play with the remote thingy i got
Try connecting ipod etc to it

2nd review/installment coming soon.....

Post any questions and ill answer them

Yeah I was in heaven last night :)

Went to a buddy's cousins house and they have 3 xbox 360s,7 PSPs',9 computers,and a Ipod video thats still in the package thats been sitting there since it came out :|.

They have some sweet ass computers. Got drunk and everybody was playing different games. I played Call of Duty 2 and man I love that game. They said they don't have any problems with the xbox 360 and they think its god :p.

TittleBitties said:

Went to a buddy's cousins house and they have 3 xbox 360s,7 PSPs',9 computers,and a Ipod video thats still in the package thats been sitting there since it came out :|.

They have some sweet ass computers. Got drunk and everybody was playing different games. I played Call of Duty 2 and man I love that game. They said they don't have any problems with the xbox 360 and they think its god :p.

The rich ****s managed to grab 3? :/

TittleBitties said:

Where was my invite?!?!

Grand: 3 guys live there and they all got one. They were pissed though because they only could get the cheap ones lol.

One dude only uses his for a DVD player. I was like wtf? I am glad that dude wasn't there last night because I would of cussed him out :p

Kcny: :p...nah nah

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back