XBOX 360 - Am I missing something?

I fuirther hate to disillusion you guys but the chips are made in China, not Japan. Japanese labor and realestate are too expensive to build foundries.

no one was talking about japan making the chips. :)

does no one pay attention when they read something :) haha:lick:

Microsoft really need to push the Xbox in Japan, it's a complete and utter flop over there for some reason. The Japanese seem to favour playing with pretend dogs on their Nintendo DS portables, than uber-shiny graphics and wireless controllers.

Japanese gamers prefer RPGs and other social-type games, which explains their love of Nintendogs. Westerners prefer darker, more violent games like shooters, which explains GTA. The XBox failed for two reasons:

1) The discs scratched when played in the console, which, to the Japanese, meant that it was poor quality. Frankly, I agree with the Japanese on this front.

2) More importantly, when stacked up to the PS2, it had none of the Japanese RPG franchises that they love. "Dragon Quest," for instance, is the most popular game franchise in Japan, and guess which console carries that? The PS2.

Considering the kind of market the XBox faces, it's no surprise that they're DOA in Japan.

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back