XBMC & External Drive

N

Not Bman

XBMC has a Live version of it's software.

You are able to install it to USB or External Hard Drives.

What I am wondering and can't find information on (and can't test till its too late) is if I plug that XMBC equipped drive into a fairly new TV (through USB) (2 years or less) will it work, or will the tv just see nothing, or normal files and data. Will XBMC pop up?

No it won't. The USB port is just for media files and doesn't support any kind of executable or booting from such a device.

Any suggestions, ideas that would make it work that does not include buying a whole set top box?

I guess not that would defeat the reason behind settop boxes right. lol

What if XBMC is installed onto the drive, then plugged into a Xbox360, would it work then?

Nope, sorry. There is no way. The cheapest way is to buy an Apple TV 2, jailbreak it and install XBMC on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back