X800XT AGP for cheap

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Steevo, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

2. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Notice the REFURB* :s. Direct from ATi seems ok, but I have never had good like with refurbished products

You are preordering a card that isnt broken yet :p. when somebody breaks a card and they fix it, it ships out.....hmm

EDIT: I just saw the 3 yr warranty :p it is a good deal...you would upgrade before it would break...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  3. Steevo

Some are also trade in's.

I have bought a few things refurb, and always from the MFG, not a aftermarketer. You get the same warranty, and the product has been retested to meet the specs. Then there is the fact that you can return it too if you have problems, for three years.

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Hmmm, thinking back on all the posts I've seen here about people who:
    -Plug power connectors in backwards
    -Break fans and then run that way till the baord messes up
    -Overclock until they start getting artifacts
    and then return the product as defective.

I'll pass on saving 10-15% by buying refurb and returns. They really aren't "as good as new".

No way the tech's sit there and game for an hour to see if the instability shows up. It costs too much money. They replace anything obviously broken and slap it back in a box.

5. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Think again LeeJend. Quality Control is well funded. It increases your bottom line. ATI is no exception.

6. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

LMAO! I work in the aerospace industry and "Quality Control" has been gutted. It costs too much and has little demonstrable effect on end product quality. Now each assembler and tech is responsible for his own in process quality control. i.e. There is none!

Quality control at ATI? Then why did the heatsink fall off a transistor on my 9800 PRO when I took it out of the box the first time? No glue. The residual solder flux was all that was holding on.

An MSI MB had a defective socket & an MSI Ge4 had another falling off heat sink that killed the card.

A gigabyte MB had a CMOS reset header with too small pins that let the shorting clip fall off while the system was running. The BIOS wiped itself.

The list is long and ugly.

It is cheaper to build anew unit than to repair old ones. We live in the throw away age.

7. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

I hear that.

8. Steevo

I will be a believer untill I get a couple bum cards, etc....

9. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

I bought a refurb'ed card from ATI in 1999. A 32meg Rage Fury Pro. I still have it. Not 1 hiccup. Still using it today in my File Server. I know ATI will fix it to the point that they don't want to see it again.

Heeter