x64 Incompatible / Compatible Applications

Think I'd like to help with this, but not yet. Need to get my exams over and done with first, then need a new HD to run 64-bit windows. :)

Electronic Punk said:
How do I register on the wiki mate?
And also do we put all info we know on there?
Yeah, let's get as much information up there as possible. :)
How to sign up:
NetRyder said:
If any fellow x64 users here would like to help, just send me a PM or an email - netryder [at] osnn [dot] net. You'll need to pick a password for yourself, enter it into the box here and send me the encrypted version in your PM/email. I'll then create an account for you and you can start editing. :)

NetRyder said:
I'm going to talk to a couple of people and find out if it's being worked on and when they're expecting to release the thing! :)
Nudge nudge

Recent experience shows that Diskeeper 10 Pro edition is made for 64 bit.
I also managed to find out that installing Macromedia Flash 7 partially solves the problem. It stops after it loads part of the page which is better that the way Flash 8 works.

Hi all I am new here normally talk on speedguide forum but this discussion is very usefull to me as i have just taken the plunge, so far my story go's,

No driver sopport for my zyxel 630-c broadband modem - my isp is sending me a new one.

Norton net sec 2006 sent back for a refund won't work - installed avast antivirus and Ghostwall firewall both look like very good and free apps.

Gigabyte easytune5 seemed to install but won't load - not sorted yet

Lexmark x5150 all-in-one printer not looked for driver yet.

sisoft sandra works well as a 64 bit app.

Gigabyte motherboard ins. disk had x64 drivers on disk.

3DMark works fine and have gained 110 points on my score over normal win xp pro.

one odd thing i have found is sandra is reporting my temps as

cpu 32c

Mainboard 25c

power/aux 70c !

not sure what it was under normal xp pro, help before i melt AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

I have one other problem i can't seem to get a printer driver for my lexmark x5150 printer any ideas people ???

Ok it looks like i will not be able to get a driver for my printer is there a list of all windows 64 compatible printers, i want an all in one job.

I found that Epsom have a good range of printers with x64 bit drivers ie:-

CX 3200

DX 3800
4800 (this is the one i bought)

RX 420

Also a little note on the firewall situation i can't get tiny firewall to install properly but ghostwall firewall seems to work fine allbeit not very user freindly- no instructions but still have run several security testing sites and none found any security holes:- http://www.ghostsecurity.com/index.php?page=ghostwall

A number of Canon inkets also have x64 drivers. I have drivers for my Canon PIXMA IP4000. XP x64 also supports my old HP DeskJet 930C out-of-the-box, which is pretty cool. :)

The Epson CX3800 series have 64 bit drivers. They aren't as flexible when formatting page sizes but they do work ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back