x64 Incompatible / Compatible Applications

i also found that daemon tools doesnt work for x64. your standard version of style xp doesnt as well. of course there is a 64bit version but the 32 bit key version doest work...uggg

a 64bit version of stylexp just enterered beta.
a new version of daemon tools is well into beta testing (private) and should be out soon.

AL.F: Get 77.79 should fix it, in the mean time once the movie starts go to the nvidia settings and adjust the gamma fractionally, click apply -- is a known bug.

Electronic Punk said:
AL.F: Get 77.79 should fix it, in the mean time once the movie starts go to the nvidia settings and adjust the gamma fractionally, click apply -- is a known bug.

EP.... you are a star - i will give this a go - currently running 77.77

thanks my friend

AL.F

URU Complete Chronicles works and it looks great. Win Patrol works after some fussing around. You guys with newer printers will probably find drivers right in the OS.

Tittles said:
Is there any firewall programs that will actually work with 64bit? I heard someone talk about some firewall called tiny or w/e that kinda worked but i dont remember. I plan on switching over to 64bit as my main os once i get a different modem since mine doesnt work with 64 :(
Hello im new here & glad to be a part.

I have outpost firewall that ceased to work since I put in X64 trial. They say an update soon for it.

What I used in place of it was AVG, it comes with a firewall and AV package combo.

My favorite AV is avast though, yet since I need a firewall, I opted to go with AVG first till outposr realeases a x64 version. Then I will get avast again. Right now im using the AVG trial version good for 90 days.

Since IntelliType and IntelliPoint were released, it looks like the only thing I'm really missing now is Windows Desktop Search.

wheres the intellipoint software? found the intellitype

NetRyder, EP... Is there any chance of you guys putting a sticky or link on frontpage to a 'closed thread/page' that contains an up-to-date list of compatible/ncompatible applications for Windows 64-bit?
It's looking kinda messy at the moment with multiple replies with different people listing apps over a dozen pages.

Hmm...a wiki would have been ideal for this.
But yeah, I suppose a single-post, closed thread would work. I'll see what I can do soon.

I'm going to talk to a couple of people and find out if it's being worked on and when they're expecting to release the thing! :)

Incompatible game: Chrome Spec Force

Ok ming, I've set up a wiki specifically for this purpose:
http://netryder.osnn.net/x64/

Just finished adding in all the compatible apps (not including games/drivers) that were listed in this thread, along with some others that I'm personally using.

If any fellow x64 users here would like to help, just send me a PM or an email - netryder [at] osnn [dot] net. You'll need to pick a password for yourself, enter it into the box here and send me the encrypted version in your PM/email. I'll then create an account for you and you can start editing. :)

Last edited:
NetRyder said:

Just finished adding in all the compatible apps (not including games/drivers) that were listed in this thread, along with some others that I'm personally using.

If any fellow x64 users here would like to help, just send me a PM or an email - netryder [at] osnn [dot] net. You'll need to pick a password for yourself, enter it into the box here and send me the encrypted version in your PM/email. I'll then create an account for you and you can start editing. :)
excellent stuff!

Nice work Netryder!

Interestingly, I mailed Lavasoft asking when they intended to add support for the personal firewall, which is ofcourse based on Outpost -- they replied saying it already supported x64

I am sure I tried it and it didn't - but this is good news if it is, will try and take a look tonight, but not sure what my state of mind will be just yet ;)

How do I register on the wiki mate?
And also do we put all info we know on there?

NetRyder said:

That's awesome! :)
Always best to have something like this for listing things such as compatibility issues.. etc

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back