x4 and x8 AGP difference?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
can u tell any differences between a 4x to a 8x AGP?

a little more bandwith for the card to send information faster, that is all i know of and i have herd that it is totaly better to over clock a vid card that is 8x because you can get more out of it but i dont know of any fact behind that

AGP 3.0 will allow you nicer graphics, faster, because of the increased bandwidth. There's also a precise streaming feature new to 3.0, which makes sure there will be no erratic data streaming.

Originally posted by canadian_divx
a little more bandwith for the card to send information faster, that is all i know of and i have herd that it is totaly better to over clock a vid card that is 8x because you can get more out of it but i dont know of any fact behind that

actually 2 times the bandwidth.... theoretically...

2.1 gb/s is the theoretical bandwidth with agp 8x... 2 times that of agp4x... though there are not many apps (if any) that take advantage of this..

ok.
you think doom III will take the 8x advantage?

Originally posted by _DM_
ok.
you think doom III will take the 8x advantage?

seeing as the majority of the code on doom III was written using extensions in the radeon 8500 and gf3 hardware... it is unlikely the product will run any faster on an agp8x board than an agp4x board...

yes it will push polys like nobody's business (or require the processing of) but I seriously doubt the game will run faster.. :)

that being said carmack may take a little extra time to allow the extra bandwidth to be used... after all... the game is still around 5-6 months away...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back