WTB: Windows XP Home, Pro, or Media Center x64

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
pretty much what the title says...looking to buy any legit version of Windows XP...Home, Pro, Media Center, or x64...

PM me if necessary

just one license...I prefer Pro but the price might be prohibitive...whatever is the cheapest is what I'll take.

The cheapest way to buy any software is to buy OEM. There are tons of sites out there that sell it, but you may also want to check out eBay. If you go the eBay route, look for a copy of Windows XP Pro (make sure it's full, not the upgrade), and try to find a copy that only has SP1 or no SP at all slipstreamed to it. While it may be marginal, that will save you a few bucks vs. a disc that has SP2 integrated.

After all, you could always rip the CD, and then integrate the SP yourself ;)

EDIT: if you do go that route, be sure to check feedback of the seller and verify there is a COA with the purchase.

yeah I've looked that route but was just hoping to find someone with an extra license they weren't using that someone wanted to part with for cheap. That's why I don't care what version it is, Pro, Home, x64 or XPMC.

Just wishful thinking.

I've always been nervous about posting on Forum sites because I've already been taken for money on one...(here actually but I don't fault OSNN for that I fault the jerk who did it! :) )

also if I bought an OEM disc would that qualify if I bought an upgrade vista disc

I doubt if they have finalized the liscencing on Vista yet (i.e. made up their minds). The answer may be yes this week and change when VISTA goes public next year based on market factors (how well it is selling).

Also, what version will you be going from - to? That's a trick question. VISTA comes in 5? flavors this week. The restrictions will vary.

All in all an ugly question. Any chance you can wait for VISTA to finalize?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back