wrong time

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by giyo, Jan 2, 2002.

1. giyo

giyo Guest

Hi i am having troubles with the time in windows xp.
    I can synchronize the time woth time servers and immediately after the time is correct but when i look half an hour later the time of windows is about 10 minutes behind and it stays 10 minutes...
    can anyone help me?

TIA,
    giyo

2. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

check your time zone in control panel and see if it is on GMT(Greenwich Mean Time), if you live in the United Kingdom that is !

3. giyo

giyo Guest

my tiime zone is on GMT + 01:00 and i live in the netherlands so that is not the problem i think.....

4. noah472

noah472 Guest

Is you CMOS battery falt? its worth checking this one out (possibly even get another one and try it.) I have heard of that causing the problem before.

5. geekygirl

geekygirl Guest

6. giyo

giyo Guest

Hi i downloaded the absolute time corrector and it works fine but is in in fact a bit ridicilous to sync every x hours with a time server....
    I haven't tried to replace the CMOS battery so far.
    Thanks everyone for your help.
    Geekygirl... first time i have been helped by a women al least with computers i thought geeky girls only used other OS's!

see ya,
    giyo

7. geekygirl

geekygirl Guest

time problems

It surprises me not that you have probs with time. Don't you know about the emancipation of women, sex equality, and women's brains being bigger than mens?;)

geekygirl

8. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

9. giyo

giyo Guest

that 's a good one geekygirl, but 'they' always said to me that emancipation of women stops if their car doesn't work anymore i thought the same applied to computers.About womens brains...let's start with your english: "It surprises me not"

giyo

10. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

haha
    nice one geekygal/giyo :p

11. geekygirl

geekygirl Guest

:rolleyes:

Now listen here,

1. What's wrong with the AA?

2. How can you criticise my English when people just don't seem to take any notice of their spelling on this site?

3. Watches are handy!

12. tastingw

tastingw Guest

Nice thread!!!:) :) :) :)

13. Druce

Druce Guest

there isn't anything sexyer than a chyk fixin puters... i am glad to see more and more women getting envolved.. lol... now on to biz - try replacing your battery, could be the prob, and believe it or not, check to see if you can flASH YOUR BIOS (BUT NOT RECOMMENDED IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE IT) - DAMN CAPS LOCK- anyways, i had a puter that its clock was super fast, like 10 mins in about 2 mins real time... when i flashed the bios it fixed itself....