Would you get the cheaper camera?

it's hard to tell..... i mean i can't see how a company can sell a camera for half the price. just doesn't make sense to me.

Camera prices can vary very much it seems, but that looks suspiciously cheap for that kind of camera.

use this rule of thumb, if its too good to be true it probably is, also the cheap sight of the mp wrong as well.

There are some substantial price differences on cameras even from large legit dealers. Canon in particular offers 2 deals.

A US warantee camera and the "other". Getting the "other" in the US used to be a little dodgy but I think Canon is allowing it now. The savings is like $300 ($600 other, $900 for US warantee).

But in general I agree with Lancer. "If it's too good to be true, it isn't." There is always a catch. Yes, I'm a pessimist.

Joke time: What is the difference between an optimist and a pessimist?
Experience. :)

You need to look at what you're getting in the box when choosing an SLR camera. You can often find that one model, say Canon EOS300, may have two different prices. If you look closer, you'll find that the cheaper option will usually come with just the camera itself and no lens. On the other hand, you'll get a Kit with the more expensive option which is basically including the lens.

ming said:
You need to look at what you're getting in the box when choosing an SLR camera. You can often find that one model, say Canon EOS300, may have two different prices. If you look closer, you'll find that the cheaper option will usually come with just the camera itself and no lens. On the other hand, you'll get a Kit with the more expensive option which is basically including the lens.

Yeah I've seen that in SLR's but this is digital.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back