Would you get the cheaper camera?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bucky Badger, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger OSNN Addict

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

it's hard to tell..... i mean i can't see how a company can sell a camera for half the price. just doesn't make sense to me.

3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Camera prices can vary very much it seems, but that looks suspiciously cheap for that kind of camera.

4. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

use this rule of thumb, if its too good to be true it probably is, also the cheap sight of the mp wrong as well.

LeeJend likes this.
  5. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger OSNN Addict

6. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

There are some substantial price differences on cameras even from large legit dealers. Canon in particular offers 2 deals.

A US warantee camera and the "other". Getting the "other" in the US used to be a little dodgy but I think Canon is allowing it now. The savings is like $300 ($600 other, $900 for US warantee).

But in general I agree with Lancer. "If it's too good to be true, it isn't." There is always a catch. Yes, I'm a pessimist.

Joke time: What is the difference between an optimist and a pessimist?
    Experience. :)

7. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

You need to look at what you're getting in the box when choosing an SLR camera. You can often find that one model, say Canon EOS300, may have two different prices. If you look closer, you'll find that the cheaper option will usually come with just the camera itself and no lens. On the other hand, you'll get a Kit with the more expensive option which is basically including the lens.

8. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger OSNN Addict

Yeah I've seen that in SLR's but this is digital.

9. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Yea, same applies for digital SLRs too.

10. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

ewww don't get it. i always go to resellerratings before i try to go to a cheap site. it shows various stores and ratings by previous customers. that A and M photo has like the worst rating i've ever seen!
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1988.html