World Of Warcraft, an unhealthy addiction?

Is World Of Warcraft an Unhealthy Obsession

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
I dont play this, but my friend is always on it, his guild is the best on horde side in moonrunner. He is lvl 60 priest 7/8 prophecy, lots of epics.

yes these games all have a chance to become addicting if you let them is it an unhealthy addiction yes if you let it become unhealthy. One can be addicted to a game without it becoming unhealthy. Those that are very social in r/l then end up becoming anti social to a game its not a good thing =/. I for one cant get out much in r/l and frankly i dont like to do much occasional movie or walking my dogs but really im not a social butterfly in the real world. Actually im quite shy in real life. I find online worlds to be a good escape for people and help build some social skills on the other hand it can do the opposite if you let it. Second Life is a good example of it not letting things get out of hand and is quite a good addiction as it teaches alot of real world skills :)

yeh i play WoW my self it is an addiction but it is so worth it, iplay something like 1200 hours of Wow all togeher

VenomXt said:
i like oblivion cause i can stop and pause any time i want.

I absolutely agree 100%! Makes life so much easier! :) I can happily play Oblivion for 2 hours or 10 minutes, depending on how much time I have. Brilliant.

I rather the gta series... I can play those games for hours and hours, I just get lost in my own little gta world and when I stop everything seems different :D I think that gta is more addicting than WOW :)

Not more addicting than WOW
ANd i dont like GTA SA
GTA VIce city has to be one of the best games of all time, especially with the ultimate vice city mod, the cars rule.
:)
I could drive around for hours in that game, i still think wow, a game with ranks is more addiciting

Any online game can be an unhealthy addicton, dont let life fly by while you stare at the puter screen. As long as you can keep it a hobby and not an all encompasing need then its all good.

Some people make the comparason well i could be out at a bar or some such, well thats not so bad, real life interaction is good lol.

Its interesting...
I play counterstrike source as my main game, some nights i suck, and ruin my rank.
I say to myself, leave before it gets worse.
Yet the game lures me back...

Tribes II was an addiction. I know lots of people who were obscesed with it. Children through senior citizen. The only thing that saved us was the proliferation of hacks that ruined the game. Everything before and after is just a game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back