World Cup 2006

If, and I do say if, the U.S. can beat Italy it will make for one hell of a third game for all in that group.

USA witht the tie....better than nothing...w00t! USA! USA! USA!!

Man, Now I remember why some Refs get the shyt kicked out of them. What a frickin moron.

So what did the tie do for them, are they still alive?

They get one (1) point. Now they have to beat Ghana and Italy needs to beat the Czech Republic.

Reason:

U.S. defeats Ghana = U.S. 4 points, Ghana 4 points

Italy defeats the Czech Republic = Italy 7 points, Czech Republic 3 points

Italy and U.S. move on. U.S. looses or ties against Ghana and/or Czech Republic defeats Italy and they (U.S.) go fishin.

3 points for win

1 point for draw

zip, nada, butkis, big fat zero for loss

Got it?

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah only the top two. I over simplified any fudged it. :s That's why U.S. has to win, in heads up play they would advance instead of Ghana.

I have corrected my previous post.

I can't believe Sven is contemplating dropping in-form Crouch for goal-less Owen :(

Crouch deserves to start and Owen has proven he can score off the bench. Given that England have struggled a bit to score, why not keep your hot players on the bloody field?

Gah... Sven sucks

Anyhoo, game on right now. Brazil v/s Aussies.

why not keep your hot players on the bloody field?
I know,who wants to see the ugly buggers when there's a hot bod to look at? :cheeky:
Anyway come on Brazil,we got a bet on them winning oh yes oh yes :laugh:

I think the reason is Owen needs to play more time because he is not 100% game fit , like Rooney needs to get more time on the pitch , so they are both in grand form for the next round, plus gives Crouch a much deserved rest, England does not need to do anything special in this game, so getting the players in form and others rested seems like a good plan. Plus yellow cards mean something dont they?

Last edited:
Yah, Reds. Where do you think the goal-scorers play? You don't HAVE to turn every statement into an argument.

Anyways, fabulous game by Ghana so far. They have completely dominated this game with their physical play and they have, surprisingly, controlled a mid-field that consists of Prosicky and Nedved and others.

If not for Petr Chech, Ghana would have easily won by 5 goals.

Seems you still do not see the ?

I was wondering what the hell you were saying when you said it I was watching the game and the "reds" I saw were the T and T shirts so , I questioned your "reds" which turned out to be the boys Crouch and Gerrard , but I fail to see an argument in my ? mark .. :)

It's kind of sad, but the US team has yet to score a goal.. the 1-1 tie with Italy was an own goal on an Italian defender.. no one on the US team has scored yet..

Hey at least they tied .. its a start , better than a loss for sure, I think for the US its a good thing for sure , I mean no one thought they could win anyways.

Did anyone watch the France/South Korea game? Man that was nutty. First the French score and boom the Koreans are in frickin reverse pullin the French forward and then tryin long kicks to try and get them off guard. Man, that sure didn't work. The Koreans looked lame, but when they actually attacked then they were on their game and boom goooooooooooool! Tie game makes it hard as hell for France, they really need to win now.

The korean team has been causing troubles to big teams since the last world cup. I nearly dropped a tear when they eliminated Italy in 2002.

Did anyone watch the France/South Korea game? Man that was nutty. First the French score and boom the Koreans are in frickin reverse pullin the French forward and then tryin long kicks to try and get them off guard. Man, that sure didn't work. The Koreans looked lame, but when they actually attacked then they were on their game and boom goooooooooooool! Tie game makes it hard as hell for France, they really need to win now.
Yeah and Zidane didn't look too happy when he was taken off did he? Had a radgey and chucked his armband. Looks like his last ever world cups nearly over.

WTF is with all the time between games? Having to wait darn near a week each time the USA plays kinda kills the rush of watching the pursuit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back