Work around; update removes control panel right click in start menu

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I never use the list in start anymore, using the keyboard is easier for me

Anyway, here's a few work arounds till windows puts it back, which I'm betting they will

Hit the windows key, type the letter c, that should bring up control panel right off, if not continue spelling it till the applet appears, should be just one or two letters.

Just hit enter, I think once you do this a few times it will become something you prefer over finding it in the start menu

Or;

Hit the windows key, type till the control panel icon comes up, right click, hit

pin to task bar, then you save a step

No need hitting the windows key at all, it’s right there in the tray all the time.

I tried right clicking and pinning to start menu, but that didn’t seem to do anything, pinning to task bar was my next choice, now it seems the best choice.

Last choice for me would be creating a keyboard shortcut;

Right click on the desktop, hit shortcut, the target believe it or not is;

control panel

Create the shortcut, then right click it, hit properties and make your keyboard shortcut with any letter you want.

I’d go with the task bar option

I hope that helps, good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back