Wordpress plugins folder

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
Hey guy's anyone know why my plugins folder shows up in Firefox 3.5.3 when doing a Google search for amalee.co.uk? If I do a search for www.amalee.co.uk adding the www it doesn't :suprised:

Attachments

• snip.JPG
    snip.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 142
At one point or another you or someone else linked to it and Google found the link and used it. This may have been the case when you used the snow stuff on your website. Your best bet is to place a index.html file in that folder, or use .htaccess to disallow access to that folder by anyone!

User-Agent: *
Disallow: /wp-content

in a .htaccess file (i think the above is right)

Thanks both, did the index.html thing, no idea about the .htaccess but I shall go see if i can learn something new. Ta :D

I like your front page theme, marge. It looks nice ...

I like your front page theme, marge. It looks nice ...
Ooh thanks Johnny, when I've nothing to do I play around with graphics either photography, making sigs, sig tags or a new web page. Most go in the bin but I thought I'd keep that one cause I liked the tattooish style of the theme.

I'd would love to have a sleeve tattoo but I'm a bit too old, can you imagine how ridiculous I'd look when I'm in my 60's onwards? :suprised: :laugh:

User-Agent: *
Disallow: /wp-content

in a .htaccess file (i think the above is right)

No. That is a robots.txt file, and should be in the document root. And is useless since clients can still reach the folder.

@Marge: In your .htaccess file put the following:

Code:
Order deny, allow
deny from all

and put that in the plugins folder, if you put that in your wp-contents folder you will lock out all your images and whatnot :p

No. That is a robots.txt file, and should be in the document root. And is useless since clients can still reach the folder.

@Marge: In your .htaccess file put the following:

Code:
Order deny, allow
deny from all

and put that in the plugins folder, if you put that in your wp-contents folder you will lock out all your images and whatnot :p
Ah ta. I've put the .htaccess file in that folder, can you see if it's worked for me?

Edit...............didn't work, folder showed up on Google. I've deleted it and put in a .index file instead :suprised:

Ah ta. I've put the .htaccess file in that folder, can you see if it's worked for me?

Edit...............didn't work, folder showed up on Google. I've deleted it and put in a .index file instead :suprised:

That is probably the better solution since you want some of the files in that directory to be accessible now that I am thinking about it (like the snowflake javascript stuff needs to be available) so locking it down entirely is not possible.

That is probably the better solution since you want some of the files in that directory to be accessible now that I am thinking about it (like the snowflake javascript stuff needs to be available) so locking it down entirely is not possible.
I was having one of those mad moments with the snowflake plugin, I see these things thinking that sounds good but when Christmas comes around I'll wonder what possessed me and it'll go in the bin :speechless::laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back