woot woot (NBA Playoffs - Pistons Versus Lakers)

the refs are not calling the game the same way unfortunately... not one game this series have they called it the same way for both sides...

holding on one side should be holding on the other and pushing off should be the same as well...

bleh... I preferred the conference semi-s to this :(

g.j ben though... I love how he grabs them rebounds.. and g.j luke... nice touch for the rookie :D

Are the Lakers the biggest group of under-achievers or what? With the so-called talent they have in their starting line up they should've rolled through the regular season and stomped on everyone in the playoffs. They're being 'pwnt'

payton and malone are past their prime and shaq is not as atheletic as he used to be...

considering that they are actually pretty good...

the pistons have sheed/ben/chauncy and rip to start with tayshaun as the x-factor... then their bench has a couple good players coming off in williamson and okur and hunter...

the lakers have derek fisher who can do it and perhaps luke walton and george... other than that they don't really have anyone else..

people over-estimate how good the lakers are coz the media loves em (some of em anyways) and how good kobe and shaq have been and the fact they have won 3 titles with kobe and shaq... and naturally phil...

on paper the pistons have the better team BUT no team has ever won 3 in a row @ home... will they be the first?

Game 4:

Sun., June 13 at Detroit (8:30 p.m. ET, ABC)

The FAKERS are whining & crying :p

IT's time to kick'em when their down..........

pistons by 10pts :D

Lakers by 60!

Everybody thinks the Lakers are being dominated, and to an extent that is true. Here is the reason why (thanks Sazar for noticing this):

Attachments

• Image2.gif
    Image2.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 55
Everybody thinks the Lakers are being dominated, and to an extent that is true. I wonder why...(thanks Sazar for noticing this):

Attachments

• Image2.gif
    Image2.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 63
You can't just look at the number of fouls and say that the refs were calling the game one-sided in favor of the Pistons. Detroit created many of those fouls by being aggressive -- driving the lane and making contact. You have to do those things to win in championship games.

L.A. could have drawn more fouls if they had gone to Shaq more often, but they couldn't many times because of how well Detroit had him covered. Did you see Karl Malone stand alone on the outside over and over? Giving Shaq double and triple-coverage was more important than guarding Malone... and it worked to Detroit's advantage.

Give Detroit credit in that they have been playing an outstanding series. They have found answers to the threats of Kobe and Shaq, and they have taken advantage of the Lakers' weaknesses. Great ball play from the Detroit players and outstanding coaching has put Detroit up 3-1 in the series.

muzikool said:
You can't just look at the number of fouls and say that the refs were calling the game one-sided

I never claimed that. I just said it was a good reason why the Lakers got dominated. L.A. is now ~50 fouls ahead of Detroit for the series.

How about the I CANT BELIEVE THIS look on Malones face the whole time he was keeping the bench warm :)

Unwonted said:
I never claimed that. I just said it was a good reason why the Lakers got dominated. L.A. is now ~50 fouls ahead of Detroit for the series.

But you referenced Sazar pointing it out, and he posted earlier in the thread along the lines of one-sided calls. There is definitely an implication in your post, intended or not.

L.A. could be 100 fouls ahead of Detriot, but it doesn't change the fact that Detroit drew most of them because they play well and are well-coached. If the stats are to be closer, then L.A. needs to step-it-up and start creating those opportunities.

Unwonted said:
Everybody thinks the Lakers are being dominated, and to an extent that is true. I wonder why...(thanks Sazar for noticing this):

Yeah, and do you notice how agresive Fisher and Payton play? Fisher is always trying to steal the ball, so he will either strip the ball from his opponent or will get called for a foul. Payton is always pushin and bumpin. If Malone had played more he'd be up there also. He is dirty in the way he plays, Look at his history. But they all will try to keep the refs from seeing it. The better ones can hide it.

You can throw around as many stats as you want to curb the thoughts that the "Fakers" are gettin screwed. There are more to the contrarry. But the bottom line is that they don't play well when they are up against a team that is physically as strong and better defensively than they are. The "Fakers" can't push to shoot good shots when they are being constantly contested. Remember this Laker team strives on high point games. They love it when the action and pace of the game is back and forth to and from the hoop with limited defensive game stratagy on the part of opposing teams. These teams thinking that they can keep making shot after shot like the Lakers do when they (the Lakers) are hardly contested in the process of shooting. What has Kobe done? He is being strongly guarded and his numbers... SUCK. Derek Fisher, the occasional three pointer. Fox, Mr. "Pretty Boy"... CRAP. Devean George, also the occasional three, a waste. Also very agressive, was called for a loose ball foul. Was also called for a technical foul when Rick Fox was called for a shooting foul. Gee, they gotta scream and whine? The rest of the team aside from the obvious Shac, Kobe and Sometimes Payton/Malone are a bunch of "also rans"... "supporting cast"... "extras".

Luke Walton, was he getting... frustrated?

You had Kobe screaming at the Refs... Sounds like someone is havin a hissy fit. What "I am a super star" doesn't have any merit anymore? A frickin primadonna. Kobe had 14 attempts in the first half and 25 overall, most of them were bad ideas and bricks. How did he fair in the third game, hmmmmm???

Shaquille O'Neal yelling at Kobe Bryant in the huddle. Hmmmmmm, Can't play together? "This is my team... I'm Superman". Yeah riiiite.

Carl Malone, not very helpful again. Hmmmm, "I took a pay cut so I can win a Ring". Sure buddy... only if ya get a lotta help from everyone else cause you can't handle the pressure.

And finally, Gary Payton.. getting toasted by Hamilton... again.

You can say the Refs did it, but the performances show that they as individuals can't play as a TEAM.

The Pistons are a complete and total TEAM.

The Lakers are a dysfunctional two-man show in comparison to the Piston's depth.

Found something funny today for the Pistons fans

Attachments

• lakersnelson[1].jpg
    lakersnelson[1].jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 55
hahahaha... nice find. :p

Malone's mug is perfect. He's thinkin, "where am I gonna be next year?"

And Fisher's goin, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home" :p

tuesday will be the end of the fakers!!!!!

woot!!! woot!!! woot!!!!

can i get an hell yeah!!!

the lakers gonna have to make one hell of a comeback to do anything...

2 streaks in the finals... no team ever won coming back from 3-1 and no team has ever won all 3 games @ home in the middle...

once again though free-throws... its weird...

detroit is a great team no doubt but the discrepency this series has been really dumb-founding...

I don't doubt they deserve most of the calls but there are non-calls on the other end :confused:

somethings just not right...

good game by ben once again and those who whine about malone... who wouldn't be warming the bench with a torn MCL ?

credit where credit is due... malone has played through all kinds of injuries... I tend to believe the team doctors when they say stuff like this though...

the mere fact he is playing still is testament to his resolve...

I still think he is one of the dirtiest players in history but that doesn't take away from what he has achieved thus far in his career...

The mailman :rolleyes: is such a loser, we in the "D" hate his guts. ever
since he elbowed "ZEKE" back in the day and almost took his head off.
thats why he will never get his ring....its his curse :D
anyway...the "D" is rockin hard! its freakin crazy around here. people cant' sleep
the energy is unbelievable!!

Sazar said:
once again though free-throws... its weird...

detroit is a great team no doubt but the discrepency this series has been really dumb-founding...

I?

with all the lane violations the pistons had in the 4th.. that made up for the fouls. plenty of free throws for the fakers. the Pistons are a "Team"
thats what its all about hard work wins titles, not crying....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back