woohoo just got a Wii

well yeah.... but you buy a 360 and the HD DVD player, and you're up to the price of the 20GB PS3.

Blu-ray Support
Blu-ray is supported on the hardware side by Hitachi, LG, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, HP, Dell, Apple, TDK, and Thomson (Note: Thomson also supports HD-DVD). On the software side, Blu-ray is supported by Twentieth Century Fox, Walt Disney Studios, MGM, Paramount (also supports HD-DVD) and Warner (also supports HD-DVD). Apple Computer has also announced support for Blu-ray.

HD-DVD Support HD-DVD is supported on the hardware side by Toshiba, NEC, Sanyo, Thomson (Note: Thomson also supports Blu-ray). On the software side, HD-DVD is supported by New Line Cinema, Paramount Pictures (also supports Blu-ray), Paramount (also supports Blu-ray), and Universal Pictures. Microsoft has also added its support to HD-DVD.

Blu-ray Support
Blu-ray is supported on the hardware side by Hitachi, LG, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, HP, Dell, Apple, TDK, and Thomson (Note: Thomson also supports HD-DVD). On the software side, Blu-ray is supported by Twentieth Century Fox, Walt Disney Studios, MGM, Paramount (also supports HD-DVD) and Warner (also supports HD-DVD). Apple Computer has also announced support for Blu-ray.

HD-DVD Support HD-DVD is supported on the hardware side by Toshiba, NEC, Sanyo, Thomson (Note: Thomson also supports Blu-ray). On the software side, HD-DVD is supported by New Line Cinema, Paramount Pictures (also supports Blu-ray), Paramount (also supports Blu-ray), and Universal Pictures. Microsoft has also added its support to HD-DVD.
mmm yep.
I think though to make the xbox360 the same as the ps3, disregarding the power, you would need to get the premium version, since... the core doesnt have a hdd...

ok..... so then you'd be up to the price of the 60GB PS3 if you REALLY needed your 360 to be backwards compatible.

ok..... so then you'd be up to the price of the 60GB PS3 if you REALLY needed your 360 to be backwards compatible.
mmm, the other reason why the ps3 is better than a blu-ray player is just that. Its backwards compatible with dvds.
Last i checked, only the HD-DVD player was compatible with SDVDs, not the blu-ray players.

0.o what made you bring up DVD's? the 360 is compatible with those...... no need for the HD DVD player if all you're interested in is plain ol' DVD's.

not talkin bout the xbox360, im talking about the blu-ray players, just players...

I know its not something that i really care about, but it would be nice not to have 3 things on the shelfs.

Since I dont have an xbox360, and my friend just got it, and let me tell you, it was not up to par, i would buy the ps3 60gb, and wii :)

i wish i got a 360 instead now....

.... haha only j/k .... kinda! :)

really, are the games not that good, because seriously, i am thinking of buying one too.

i like reading about the console supporters ... and haters ... the 360 and PS3 are the ones to have if you are a definite hard-core gamer. It takes a lot more than gimmicks and tricks on a controller to get me to purchase the boring white box.

The controlling mechinism is already written in the sixaxxis controller ... and the xbox live service is the best of all 3 services available... with blockbuster titles available for PS3 and the 360. The wii has zelda ... yawn.

The wii just feels about 3 years old already and the console hardware is already pushing its limits ...where as the 3 processors in the xbox arent yet to be utilized ..along with the ps3's power ... something for the future to build on.

Guitar Hero series will be released on the 360 soon... that alone is worth the system ..that game is freakin kick ass.

uuh..... trainmaster..... i don't know where you got your info from.

a) SixAxis's motion sensing only registers tilting, it does NOT sense if you move the controller forwards or backwards, like the Wii's does. Nintendo has been working on their motion sensing for quite a while before they announced it. Sony seems to have started working on motion sensing a while after Nintendo announced theirs. remember the Boomerang controller that got ditched rather fast?

b) i'd much rather play a new Zelda than a game on PS3 that basically looks like a remade God of War except with a hot chick who loves to pummel guy's groins..... or another same little boring old FPS after another using crappy control sticks to aim. "yawn"

c) the hardware sure as HELL isn't pushing it's limits. the Gamecube was only really even pushed to it's limits with one or two games (one that comes to mind is Resident Evil 4). The Wii was made more powerful than the Gamecube, but not to the "OMGWTFBBQ we have to charge a sh*tload for this!" level. They didn't want to get involved with all the 1080p nonsense, because HD is not in everybody's minds, nor does everyone have a HDTV. They also didn't really see a need to add DVD playing features, because that would raise the price of the console, and the vast majority of people already have a DVD player.

d) the 360's 3 CORES (not processors) have already been used... by a little game called Dead Rising. remember that game? that's the one that was giving quite a few people crashing issues where the whole system would lock up? supposedly being CAUSED by the 360 using three of it's cores.

you say the WII is a boring white box? i'd say the PS3 is way too overpriced for the lack of games you seem to be getting, and the 360..... not too bad... but still could have probably been cheaper. Knock the 360 down to $250 and $350.... and i'm pretty sure you'll see the sales of the PS3 tank even further than they already are.

you can't really say that PS3 has "blockbuster titles".... when the system barely has a dozen games..... and very, VERY few of those actually seem anywhere remotely near interesting.... but still not worth the $500-600 you have to pay for the console and another $60 for the game. for f*cks sake, more games are coming out for PS2 yet than there are for PS3. There's another Burnout game coming out for PS2 i believe in February or March.... titled "Burnout: Dominator".

elemental, totally agree with you on those points, although i'm still looking to get a 360, but i find the zelda game for the wii kinda boring.

elemental, totally agree with you on those points, although i'm still looking to get a 360, but i find the zelda game for the wii kinda boring.
I hate Zelda...
I am seriously telling you, if you have a wii, get a ps3, if you dont have a wii, get a wii.
Stay away from the xbox360 IMO, it is a major waste of money, it is probably the worst out there now, the wii has specialty stuff (Motion sensing and fun games) PS3 is the hard-core gamer machine with the awesome specs, and the hd player, big hdd, and wifi... The xbox360 is just, eh, another mildly good computer. I played it and i was not pleased at all with the image quality, and the controls stink so...
IMO xbox360 = no go.

well.... i've been a fan of Zelda since the very original. Never got into Final Fantasy or any of that.

well.... i've been a fan of Zelda since the very original. Never got into Final Fantasy or any of that.
never liked any of the fantasy stuff.
Halo is as far as i go...
That is the only reason i would ever consider an xbox360, for halo 3...
But considering how crappy Halo 2 was, im not about to go buying a system for a game that could very well stink...

Dont see where the bashing the 360 fits into the Wii thread ..but for someone that does not have a 360 ,I would think it a little harsh to have that kind of opinion, we have both a Wii and the Xbox360 and the Xbox360 is great , graphics are superb..anyone that has looked at one can see that.

Dont see where the bashing the 360 fits into the Wii thread ..but for someone that does not have a 360 ,I would think it a little harsh to have that kind of opinion, we have both a Wii and the Xbox360 and the Xbox360 is great , graphics are superb..anyone that has looked at one can see that.
I have played it for an extended period of time and in my opinion, the graphics were not up to par, not up to par with my pc, not up to par with the ps3.

my friend has an Xbox. we played through quite a bit of Halo 2 in co-op... but stopped playing when my mom turned off the console one morning, and we found out that we had lost a few hours of play. haven't touched it since. Would like to play Halo 3. seems kinda neat.... but having not seen any in-game footage yet... for all we know it doesn't look any better than Halo 2. I'll probably play through Halo 2.... when it comes out for Vista.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back