wnaspi32.dll missing

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Brad, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

hey yall, i recently upgraded to Windows XP pro (from Win 98) and my burner is no longer working. i went to my burner manufacturer's website (www.creative.com) and it said that it should work with the native drivers found within windows xp. next i tried to "fix" the driver, but it said that it was working properly....i am totally at a loss, and i cannot think of anything else to do. if you need to know anything about the system that i am running here ya go

700 mghz Pentium III
    256 MB ram
    Win XP Pro (upgraded from Win 98 se)

if you need anything else just email me: xxbigeyedfishxx@earthlink.net
    or AIM me: Captnminimac

Thank you in advance

Brad

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

what is the specific problem? is it not being recognized as a burner? what cd burning software are you using? ez cd, Nero? etc..aspi is not needed for burning.

3. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Download the 'aspi layer' here and install it. Just read the instructions for installation and you should be set. Some programs just don't like to run without the aspi layer available.

4. Brad

allright ill try that, but I am using Nero, and i also tried the burning ability of xp. it is not being recognized as a burner. i can read CDs fine.

5. Brad

it worked thank you very much--i tried that download and it worked picture perfectly

Brad

6. Brad

allright here is another update--that file did work, so that error message doesnt come up when i start nero, but i tried to burn a cd last nite and it still didnt work :-(

Brad