WMP9 - Essential Link Deleted??

W

wn van deursen

Copied an audio CD (first time). Had some problem with getting the tracks info out of the viewer. Afterwards I found the copying data in a bulky Temp file in My Documents with all the copying data from this record so I threw it away. Was able to play the record twice (and a few others), but after that I began to get webconnected error messages. The MP website says that "a link to a temp file from the Internet cache was added to Media Library, and then deleted, please repair the link"...Got no idea what link this could be, and how to get it back. I did a System Recovery well beyond the the CD copying-date, but WMP didn't get restored. Must be some link! What do I do now??

"Since Daisy gets more satisfaction from a Shrek mousepad, Minnie considers to cut her tail as well and leave her Mickey"

Uninstall your current WMP.
Download the latest version (9) and reinstall.
Simple.

Originally posted by Teddy
Uninstall your current WMP.
Download the latest version (9) and reinstall.
Simple.

you can't uninstall WMP
I bet you didnt understnd what he/she said...me either :D

re WMP

I have a downloaded WMP at hand but I guessed as much...What I just don't understand is why SystemRestore didn't work for WMP. For the same reasons as that you cannot replace the original program, perhaps?...So the free download is only for people who DON'T have XP? Ridiculous.

"Ali G is a first rate pants-creamer
but Bill G is the nr. One screamer!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back