WMP crashes in IE6

B

Blyx

Greetings everyone,

Got a bit of a problem...obviously...I'm running WinXP Pro and IE 6. Over the last few days, whenever I attempt to view movie clips online the media player window pops up on the screen, not the one from my desktop, but the one being used by the site...it looks like an older version of the wmp...you know what I'm talking about? Anyway, it says that it connects, buffers the movie clip and then starts playing. However, all I get is the audio. No video shows up and I can't stop the stream. If I hit the X on the window, I get the End Task dialog box...

I've not added any new software or hardware for months or changed any settings. I use Norton Security...I've tried disabling it to view the clips but that doesn't work and I've not had to do that in the past anyway. Perhaps one of my settings got changed or something...any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone,
Blyx

Sunds like a corrupt plugin for IE, have you tried reinstalling MP?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back