WMP 10 Problem

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
Recently when i try to video mpeg files in WMP they seem washed out and really white. When i view them in another player, they are fine. I tried to re-install WMP 10, but no luck. Any ideas?

Did you install any new codecs or (god forbid) codec packs recently? Which other player did you try it with?

if you are using nvidia drivers 77.72 do this
NVIDIA Overlay gamma controls under Standard mode do not work
properly, resulting in overly dark or overly bright video.
To work around this issue:
1 From the NVIDIA control panel, click the Color Correction menu tree
item.
2 From the Color Correction page, click the Apply color changes to list
arrow and select All, then click Restore Defaults.
3 Click Apply.

I'll side with the driver issue as well, I know the same thing happened to me when I installed some new (beta) drivers a while back.

A fixed WHQL version will be released on the 22nd apparently, it was most likely just an oversight and you can always use previous drivers.

I've seen so many threads on so many different forums (neowin at least 2) about this issue it's crazy. I hope Nvidia fixes it soon (like EP said) but the work around isn't that difficult and I can wait. :)

NetRyder said:
(god forbid) codec packs recently?

I use the K-lite codec pack and have always known that for some reason codec packs are bad...but I've never had a problem installing and using every build of the K-lite codec pack since it came out.

Any particular reason I've heard so many bad things about Codec packs yet I've never had a problem with the one I use.

This is one thing I've been confused about cause I hear bad things but stubbornly keep using them because I never have a problem

Codecs packs cause conflicts. If you have to many of the same thing it's hard for the program to decide which to use .. Also, most cases, you will never use all the codecs that come with the packs.

NetRyder said:
(god forbid) codec packs
You tried to stop it, but it cant be helped. Here it goes again

Johnny said:
Codecs packs cause conflicts. If you have to many of the same thing it's hard for the program to decide which to use .. Also, most cases, you will never use all the codecs that come with the packs.

that makes sense. I was thinking that since I only use the same pack and uninstall and reinstall everytime that that is why I don't get any conflicts. From now on though I will make sure that after my next format and reinstall of windows I'll just get the codecs I need.

Just because I haven't had any problems doesn't mean they won't show up at some point. Thanks for the advice Johnny and Netryder

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back