Wireless Network up, but internet not working

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GS1337, Dec 15, 2004.

1. GS1337

GS1337 OSNN One Post Wonder

Ok, I set up a wireless network using a Belkin G Router for my church. All the computers in the computer lab on the 3rd floor and all of the other computers in the church work fine, but the computer in my pastors office on the 2nd floor and within about a 30 m radius won't connect to the internet. It detects that network and can access shared files, etc, but the internet just won't work. This is the only computer with this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    -GS1337

2. koko

koko Got Root?

check tcp/ip properties. check gateway and dns server settings on the pastor's pc.

where is the router in relation to the pastor's pc? is it more than 300 feet away?

3. RickyC

RickyC OSNN Addict

Make sure the proxy settings in internet options are correct. Do an 'ipconfig /all' at the command promt and make sure the pc is getting the proper default gateway ip.

Are these machines on dhcp? If so, make sure all tcp/ip settings are to obtain ip automatically.

Are any other machines on the wireless network, check to see if the settings are the same. Maybe the router is blocking this particular pc?