Wireless Network Irritations

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mubbers, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

Windows keeps reporting to me that I'm not connected to my wireless network - when I am!!

Checking the properties etc... it tells me that I'm not connected when I am and that signal is bad when the D-Link util says it's good. :devious:

Infact the windows control panel software reports everything at just about as far from the truth as possible.

I wouldn't mind except I keep getting pop-ups telling me it cannot connect.

Any ideas?

BTW - SP2

rik likes this.
  2. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

No way of you to to unlick the "use windows to configure my wireless connection" ? I'm using a belkin set up, but it's controlled by belkin software, not windows

3. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

i would also suggest letting the manufacturers software control your connection as apposed to the windows. Windows seems to mess up alot when configuring network particularly wireless in my experience so give it a shot and see what happens. :)

4. Scooter

Scooter Random Apple Dude

If you're using a Belkin wireless card or whatever on your computer, i had trouble with mine. if its a USB dongle you (apparently) must have "High Speed USB ports" installed on your computer (or atleast the USB port you're using must be "high speed" ) :rolleyes:

5. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

He's using D-link isn't he?
    He's connected, just windows is prattin' about