WinXP SP2 - USRprbdA.exe - DLL Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by badar, Apr 11, 2006.

1. badar

badar Online & Email Marketing

My WinXP SP2 installation is working perfectly fine except that it sometimes gives following pop-up message and hangs at "Saving your settings..." window before complete Shut Down:

Pop-up message: "USRprbdA.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down

I understand that it has something to do with my US Robotics Data/Fax Modem but am unable to find an 'authentic' solution.

Any help in this regard would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards,

Badar Khushnood
    http://www.badar.com.pk

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

This happens to me sometimes as well, but my message is related to McAfee virus scan. I find it happens when I turn my PC on, only use it for about a minute or so and then turn it off. Probably because McAfee doesn't get to do it's song and dance fully, by that I mean load and start doing an on-access scan.

Not sure of the time interval related to your modem - but have you checked for updated device drivers? Could also check in the event viewer, perhaps something is hanging or causing a conflict.

EDIT: Upon further research the problem may be more directly related to WinFax - what version are you using if at all?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006