WinXP Service Pack 1a

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by wingman411, May 30, 2003.

1. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

I have Win XP pro with service pack 1, I don't remember if I installed service pack 1a. Is there a way to see if I did or if I actually need to install it? I just saw it on the service pk list.

Thanks

2. scsa20

scsa20 Simonsoft Network

hmm... I just checked Windowsupdate.com and never found SP1a so I guess there is no such thing as SP1a... if you alreadly installed SP1, then your okey (which should tell you what you have under System Information (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information) and System Properties (Right click My Computer>Properties))

3. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

Go to " Tools/Folder Options/View" and Unhide hidden files in C Drive or whichever partition your op system is loaded.

You will find the NT Folder as the first entry in C/Windows if SP1 is loaded.

4. wingman411

The Windows XP SP1a is second entry on the list on the NTFS Home page under Service Packs. Is that just SP 1? It is over 125 MBs.

5. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

sp1a is almost the same as sp1 the only thing changed is that the removed java virtual machine from it. if you already have sp1 installed you can check by rightclicking my computer_> properties then you dont need sp1a

6. wingman411

Ok, thanks I have SPk 1 already installed.