WinXP Professional Power Schemes

A

A1CPittman

What the piss! As usual I get home from work and I turn my computer on and & everything is working right. Yea right, if my computer always ran the way I wanted it to, I would never be on it. Anyways, when I got home yesterday I noticed that all of my standard or default power schemes for windows are gone. So my question is, how in the piss do I restore them back b/c w/ out even one selected, you can't create more (unless there is an invisible add / create button that I just don't see next to the delete button that my computer magically hit several times to remove all of my default schemes while it was hibernated)?

I guess you are talking about windows themes? if so any changes you make like background/ colour scheme and sound scheme can all be saved in the display properties window (right click on desktop/ properties) so nextime you have a problem - you can select your theme from the list - and bam! back to normal.

The only time I have had problems with themes is when I have not saved the changes and later on the day the computer has crashed.

Cya

You could recreate your profile, by creating a new account and transferring you data to it, or export one of the following reg key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Control Panel\PowerCfg
or
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Control Panel\PowerCfg
or
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Control Panel\PowerCfg

modify the file to say HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg then import it by double clicking on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back