WinXP Professional Power Schemes

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by A1CPittman, Jul 30, 2002.

1. A1CPittman

A1CPittman Guest

What the piss! As usual I get home from work and I turn my computer on and & everything is working right. Yea right, if my computer always ran the way I wanted it to, I would never be on it. Anyways, when I got home yesterday I noticed that all of my standard or default power schemes for windows are gone. So my question is, how in the piss do I restore them back b/c w/ out even one selected, you can't create more (unless there is an invisible add / create button that I just don't see next to the delete button that my computer magically hit several times to remove all of my default schemes while it was hibernated)?

2. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

I guess you are talking about windows themes? if so any changes you make like background/ colour scheme and sound scheme can all be saved in the display properties window (right click on desktop/ properties) so nextime you have a problem - you can select your theme from the list - and bam! back to normal.

The only time I have had problems with themes is when I have not saved the changes and later on the day the computer has crashed.

Cya

3. frothymilkshake

frothymilkshake OSNN Addict

LOL catch23 :p

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Darn I've gone & lost me blasted glasses. :rolleyes:

5. chooch

chooch Guest

You could recreate your profile, by creating a new account and transferring you data to it, or export one of the following reg key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Control Panel\PowerCfg
    or
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Control Panel\PowerCfg
    or
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Control Panel\PowerCfg

modify the file to say HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg then import it by double clicking on it.

6. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

Nice tip cooch - cheers :)