winrar password question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mafiafromrussia, Sep 8, 2002.

1. when archiving files with winrar to .rar archives. can i add two different files with two different passwords?
    for ex. file1.txt-pass=file1
    file2.txt-pass=file2

so that when i try to extract files and enter a pass "file1" it extracts only file1.txt saying that it's a wrong pass for file2.txt. i'm using version 3.00 now and cant seem to do be able to do it. and i think i have done some with previous version.

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

no I dont think you can do that

3. Geffy

you might if you hacked the programs password thing.

4. that's not good. is there something else with this good compression that could do it? except making a lot of archives with defferent passwords.

5. Geffy

not that I know of, but there could be.

6. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

winace i think that's good

7. Geffy

dont think you can set different passwords for each file with WinACE though.

8. oh right there's winace, gona check it out tomorrow

9. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

You could always put 2 different password protected archives inside another archive.

10. Stircrazy

Stircrazy Guest

cant you do norm multirar and just open say file 1 and lock it with pw then do it again with 2? i dont remember but i know ive seen em b4

11. tryed win ace and it seems to be able to do this multipass thing. and Electronic Punk i know that i can put 2 passprotected archives into 1 archive, it's just a matter of more comfort or something like that i guess to have it all in one .
    Stircrazy i've tryed archiving 1 file at a time with different passwords with winrar, but when i try to add 2nd file it will only add the file to archive if i enter password of the 1st file already there.