Windwos Not Centered?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GreenX, Feb 3, 2003.

1. GreenX

GreenX Guest

I did a fresh install of XP w/SP1

Programs like Nero when u click to burn the disc a window popups showing progress bars, normally this si supopse to be centered on yerdesktop but its moved to the left and up some inchs, and I drag n drop to make to center, never had this probelm before.

That was one example, many programs do this like CdrWin's compliation screen or whe i install some program the install window is off centered etc..

Anyway I can fix this or do some checks? I went thru all teh Setting | adavnace optiosn and see nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

If you didn't reinstall all the applications after reinstalling windows you may have the old position data in the registry and the programs don't know where to look now. This shouldn't be a problem unless you changed your screen resolution. The solution is to reinstall anything that's giving you trouble.

Every time I tried a reinstall with Windows I had nothing but trouble so now if a roll back doesn't fix it I do a clean install of everything (all 50 gigbytes). :(

3. GreenX

GreenX Guest

Ive reinstalled Nero, Cdrwin and all otehr programs taht do it and they still do it :/ really sucks..