WinDVD or PowerDVD?

I prefer WinDVD, also the PowerDVD 5 doesnt work with my PC, I get a giant black rectangle in the middle of my screen which makes watching anything impossible.

PowerDVD, but I actually prefer to use VideoLAN

powerdvd though I prefer to use ATI's dvd player @ the moment due to its being integrated perfectly with my remote wonder :cool:

I use the PowerDVD plugin for WMP, works swell.

Im going to stand apart and say WinDVD... not too resource-heavy, and doesnt kick my computers ass when I use it (which is all too common now...time for some upgrading :( )
BUT PowerDVD is rather nice, too. so my posting at all just became worthless lol

hope that helps :p

I'm sick of both. every time a new version is out they get slower and slower, and I've had that black screen error aswell.

But I use WinDVD when I play DVDs. For everything else, there's BSPlayer.

Yeh, I've heard it's good, but I'm not too impressed since I can't read the text on the site.

Avant Browser.
I'm using 1152 x 864. I don't think the site is set up properly to be viewed with a high res. I'm downloading the program though.

1280x1024 here, absolutely no problems (see attachment) :confused:

Yes, you have the text size turned up nice and big.
Mine is set to smaller. It works fine on any other site. Doesn't matter though.

Powerdvd >> windvd.. it used to be the other way round for me. but recently the new windvd gets annoying....

Using VLC right now...and loving it. One more superb open-source app.
Until now, I was using WMP9 with the WinDVD decoder. Not only does VLC use significantly less CPU time, but I can actually play two videos simultaneously without any hiccups.
Now that's sweet :)

Definitely recommend giving it a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back