Windows

for me doesn't matter so much difference between them , like both .. :)

home lacks the remote desktop utility and the green color is sucky =P

what green color. i bought my copy of XP, and i wasn't too keen on spending and extra $100. but maybe i'll get loose with my money soon and go on a shopping spree. i also could stand to buy the full version, since if i had to reformat (i think) i would end up having to install 98SE, then upgrade to ME, and then do the upgrade from that too XP (i can't rember if i got home that was specifically for an upgrade from Me, or if it would've done both) btw, if in installed Pro, would i have to reformat? i'm also pretty keen on keeping all the data i currently have on my computer.

u should b able 2 upgrade from home 2 pro with no fuss ( i think) they are basically the same background.

I have pro and my girlfriend has home... mine is prettier than hers...

therefore pro is better (prettier = better)

nuff said :)

yah mate.. the green color is a little too barfy for me :(

keep telling my girlfriend to upgrade but nooooo... she won't listen to me... :(

wimin... what can you say... can't live without em... can't upgrade with em....

sheesh :rolleyes:

green color?

i still don't know what this mysterious "green color" is

I use Home which is merely a cut-down version.

Try running chkdsk /f in home in any configuration.

Pro.

Buddy bought a PC with home on it and had nothing but problems.

I gav.....ermmm introduced him to PRO and he has not had a problem since.

I cannot really make a judgment though, I have never tried XP home.

just my $.02

me neither, ben... don't know what hideous "green color" they're talking about is.

but i wanted to let you know that you can install from scratch with the upgrade version of xp. i do it all the time and it's the preferred way. just let it boot off the cd with a clean hd and it will install fine. at some point during the installation it will ask you to put in a previous os cd (me, 98, whatever) just to verify that you have one. it won't copy files from it or anything. try it, man.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back