Windows XP Logo (Use of) Copyright

My latin teacher used to say "Shaaaaard of damocles"...
Ah well, my most useless qualification, cept perhas art

my latin teacher has never said "shard of damocles" but if he did, it would sound like "Sha-, Sha-, Sha- (i'm sorry), Shard of Damocles" but hes like 60, and started working at murrah like a year after he got out of college in 1964 or so. that's a good 30 years, all teaching latin. my favorite thing is how he can't say a word, but in the middle of not saying it, he can say "i'm sorry" perfectly clear. bene bene magister!!!

(btw, "ben" is 3/4 of a bene!)

And I will strike down on you, if you keep drawing penis's all over everyones desks.

this boy is a punk?

or something to that effect. i'm in latin 3, but, um, the way mr. barfield teaches it, its probably like latin 1 everywhere else. maybe i don't try.

Electronic Punk:-

You are wasted on this board. Go back to University (Sheffield Hallam) don’t give up. I will help if I can, and I may be able to.

I'm not learning latin at uni :D
I am a software engineer :)
Got my latin GCSE also greek and then promptly dropped it.

I have a year off uni to get some experience in the industry so I am finally learning to drive and studyign for my MCSE.

Also plan to work at Tesco's but am feeling a little low after being rejected from Waitrose.

learning to drive? and you're already in college? isn't that a little bit late?

did i translate it correctly?

Ben: I never had time to be honest... I jumped straight from GCSE's to A-levels then straight to uni pretty much, otehr than a fulltime job to get my bank account back into the pluses again...

Also as I am 21, my insurance will be suprisingly low.

So sadly we are talking about money here as the original thread implied? What a shame!!

Originally posted by Dave Holbon
So sadly we are talking about money here as the original thread implied? What a shame!!

Not sure what you mean :D I am always out-of-pocket as I don't make a penny from this site..

Originally posted by BenQuilter
this boy is a punk?

or something to that effect. i'm in latin 3, but, um, the way mr. barfield teaches it, its probably like latin 1 everywhere else. maybe i don't try.

This boy is Punk.

How about this:

WINDOWS® XP TRADEMARK GUIDELINES
OUR MARKS ARE IMPORTANT
Microsoft Corporation's trademarks and service marks are valuable corporate assets. These guidelines are designed to help other companies make proper referential use of the Windows® XP trademark.

PLEASE USE OUR TRADEMARKS PROPERLY
Correct references to the Windows XP mark include:
using the registered trademark symbol ("®") at the upper right corner or baseline immediately following the word "Windows". This symbol should be used at the first or most prominent mention. Please be sure to include a space between the symbol and the designation "XP".
using the correct generic name or descriptor immediately after first mention of the name in text. The descriptor for Windows XP is "operating system"; and
including the following notice on materials referencing Windows XP: "Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation."

PRODUCT NAMES
Without the express permission of Microsoft, your product or service names should never include Microsoft's trademarks or comprise potentially confusing variations of those marks. Therefore, you should not include "Windows XP", "XP" or, "Windows" in any of your product names. This same rule applies to other Microsoft marks, such as Microsoft*, which should never be included in your product name. However, you may use accurate and descriptive taglines to refer to Microsoft's Windows XP mark. See paragraph 5 below.

COMPANY NAMES
Microsoft marks MAY NEVER be incorporated in your company name (whether a corporate name or d/b/a).
Exampel:
Do not say: Windows XP, Inc. or XYZ Windows XP Company

PACKAGING AND ADVERTISING
You may indicate the relationship of your product to the Windows XP operating system on packaging, collateral, and advertising materials by using accurate, descriptive taglines to your own product name, such as "For the Windows® XP operating system" or "for Windows® XP." On all such materials your product name must appear significantly larger than the Windows XP mark, and the Windows XP mark should be visually distinguished from your product name by appearing in a different font or color, and on a different line. This is important to avoid any implication that your product is produced, endorsed or supported by Microsoft.
Exampel:
You may say: [Your Product Name] for the Windows* XP operating system or for Windows XP
Do not say: [Your Product Name] Windows xp, [Your Product Name] XP or Windows XP [Your Product Name]

USE OUR MARKS AS PROPER ADJECTIVES
Trademarks identify a company's goods or services. A trademark is a proper adjective that modifies the generic name or descriptor of a product or service. Microsoft is our house mark that identifies all products and services which originate from us. Our Windows XP mark identifies one of our operating system products. The descriptor for Windows® XP should be used at first mention in marketing text and at first mention in each chapter of documentation that references the name.
Exempel:
Proper Adjectiv Generic Name or Description
Microsoft® Software
Windows XP® operating system

DO NOT COMBINE THE TRADEMARK WITH AN IMPROPER GENERIC NAME
The Windows XP trademark identifies Microsoft operating system software. Application programs designed to run on the Windows XP operating system are not "Windows XP applications" or "XP applications", but rather application programs for the Windows XP operating system.
Exampels:
You may say: Application(s) for the Windows® XP operating system Windows® XP application(s) or XP applications
Do not say: Windows® XP application(s) or XP applications
You may say: Devices compatible with the Windows® XP operating system
Do not say: Windows® XP devices or XP devices

DO NOT USE OUR TRADEMARKS AS POSSESSIVES OR IN PLURAL FORMS

Exampels:
You may say: Scalable fonts in Windows® XP
Do not say: XP's scalable fonts

DO NOT ABBREVIATE OR CREATE ACRONYMS

Exampels:
Do not say: Win, Win XP, WinXP, XP eller WXP

WEB SITE NAMES
Follow the guidelines outlined above when referring to "Windows XP" and "Microsoft" on your Web site. Web site titles may include phrases such as "about Windows XP"; however, Web site titles should not begin with either "Windows XP" or "Microsoft" or otherwise use them in a trademark or brand manner. Do not use either "Windows XP" or "Microsoft" in your internet domain name.

WINDOWS® XP COMPATIBILITY LOGOS
Microsoft is designing certain logo programs for vendors that would like to indicate software and hardware compatibility with the Windows® XP operating system. You may not use the Windows XP logo, the Microsoft Windows XP logotype or any other compatibility logo without an express license agreement from Microsoft. If you are interested in using a Windows XP compatibility logo, please contact the Windows Logo Department at : winlogo@microsoft.com.

Now thats pushing it :)

I sold Double Glazing Windows® last year, door to door.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back