Windows XP: Help in learning how to carry over system settings to new machine

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by homesick1337, Oct 30, 2004.

1. homesick1337

homesick1337 Computer Lover

I currently work at a cyber cafe. We have 34 computers and were planning to wipe all 34 systems this coming sunday. I was curious if theres a faster way to setting up each computers settings other then manually going to each setting in control panel, then change my mouse speed, internet explorer setting etc,etc?

I.E is there a way to just save all the settings and just load it on each computer so all I have to do left is just install the games and programs we use?

If so please I would appreciate knowing this secret. Also any other tips to someone that had to do this kind of massive install before? How can I save time on doing this? I downloaded all the patches and things I needed to a an external hd which i will use to each computer to patch all the games once there installed.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Homesick1337

2. a1ehouse

a1ehouse Chamone M*tha Fu*ka

There are a number of options.

Are they all the same computers and specs? If so you could use Norton Ghost or Partition Magic to clone one machine onto all.

Another option could be a simple registry tweak where you save all the settings etc you want and run on each machine.

A final option would be an unattended install which installs all this for you http://unattended.msfn.org/

3. homesick1337

We have 34 alienwares 10 are the same, 24 are another type. Basiclly we got alienware TYPE A and B.

Someone told me there was a option in XP to carry over all your settings etc. But I cant seem to find it. Do you know what setting or option my friend is talking about?

BTw thanks for the links im going to be reading them carefully.

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Start->Accessories->system tools->files and settings transfer wizard

5. homesick1337

Thank You so much!