windows xp error

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by thebandit, Nov 7, 2002.

1. thebandit

thebandit Guest

hi i have developed an winxp error,

when my computer loads up i get the error library not registered so i have to reset and then it loads perfectly and then if i restart again i get the error again... any help i would be grateful...

another error my xp says i have 3 cdrom drives when i only have a cd burner and a dvd rom.. just started also..

i have had sp1 installed for ages now with no probs..

thanks

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If the library error is fairly new try doing a system restore.

As for the cd roms, have you got a virtual cd rom installed?

3. thebandit

thebandit Guest

wont let me do a system restore as that error comes up first..

4. Hipster Doofus

Are you saying you can't get in at all? If so try repairing the registry.

Follow the instructions carefully. If you mess it up formatting is the only way back in.

5. thebandit

thebandit Guest

ok when my computer loads up it loads up a box that says library not registered when you hit the X on box it locksup...

then you have to reset and then it loads up perfectly... after it loads when i do system restore it performs it and resets the computer then i get the box library not registered so have to reset. then it loads up and says system restore invalid..

ill try what you said, looks like it will be a reinstall job... thanks mate for help

6. Hipster Doofus

Looks like a corrupted registry. See how you go reparing it. It's a bit involved though. Glad I've never had to do it. Read the guide before you log off, you might need another page of it.

7. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Does the error say which library, I guess a .dll-file, is missing or not registered? You can try to reregister it. Go to Start>Run and type: Regsvr32 followed by a space and the dllname, and click OK. Don't know if it will help, but worth a try.

8. thebandit

thebandit Guest

ok yoyo... i found out its the file cteaxsp1.exe is causing it.. so ill try your idea on it...

9. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Regsvr32 works only with dll and ocx files not exe. Any more information about this cteaxsp1.exe?

10. thebandit

thebandit Guest

its a file for my audigy soundcard... i tried reinstalling it still comes up with error..

deleted file and replaced it no luck still comes up with error.