Windows XP Custon Login screen...HELP!

N

Nomad64

I am trying to create my own XP Login screen, I used Paint Shop Pro 7 and Resource Hacker to create my images and insert them into the logonui.exe file. Then I used Logon Loader to insert the file. But whenever I see the welcome screen that I customized, my background shows up in a square at the top of the screen. What is going on here? The only other files I changed were the password bubble, the login botton, and the password hint botton. Is there something I over looked or am missing?

Change the size of the pic that you added. It will have to match the dimension of the original bmp, otherwise it will only cover a portion. And if you are trying to cover the whole page,well that's a new job entirely.

note: You can use resource hack to edit the XML if you wish to use different portions on your images.... :)

Thanks for your help guys, I figured out that the image was small because the dimentions in the code were set for it to be small. I copied part of the code from anouther person and was able to get it to work using the Guess-and-check methiod. I submitted the Login screen I made to xp-errence.org, but I have not seen it uploaded yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back