Windows XP Crash - How To Fix A Serious Crash

Originally posted by o_87
Apparently...

I personally have not once seen a blue screen using XP...and that has been all of last year!

my god.. you are more privalidged that me :confused:

You're gonna laugh, but I clicked on the link in the first post of this thread and my system crashed. I thought it was a joke link or something.

Originally posted by Clean_Rich
You're gonna laugh, but I clicked on the link in the first post of this thread and my system crashed. I thought it was a joke link or something.

Hmm, I might have Cursed it. Clean Rich, I haven't seen you around for a little bit, maybe I'm just late, but, welcome back.

Originally posted by Nick M
Hmm, I might have Cursed it. Clean Rich, I haven't seen you around for a little bit, maybe I'm just late, but, welcome back.

Thanks Nick. :) It's good to be back. Real life had me pretty busy there for awhile, all good stuff though.

damn im super late, but i kinda already knew this, but good info to send to friends :)

i think its time to stop the replies on this thread. its kinda played out.

i have my system crashing, and rebooting all by itself and it gives me an error when the systems reboots......the thing is that is in spanish.....someone please help me.....thanks-Gracias

Hmmm .. Would'nt it be easier to just instal the OS and progs and make a ghost image, or use Acronis True Image to make a image of the drive ?? I know it would probably take a lot of cd's, me for example with all I have would use about ten .. then if something did happen you could get it back to where it was ..

Just a thought ..

Originally posted by EMDY
i have my system crashing, and rebooting all by itself and it gives me an error when the systems reboots......the thing is that is in spanish.....someone please help me.....thanks-Gracias
Looking at the error, the sysdata.xml file looks to me like it might be a virus/exploit. I remember getting something similiar (cept in English) that was a xml file that opened IE and loaded a fake hotmail logon page. I'm guessing to attempt to steal passwords. Considering I've not had a hotmail account for several years, I wasn't fooled.

Most of the xml was encoded wierd, but I remember the xml file was in a temp folder with references to hotmail. You can open it in Notepad to check.

Your best best would be doing a tmp cleanup. Anything in that folder isn't worth keeping.

As far as XP crashing, I guess I've been lucky. I've never crashed for "unknown" reasons. The couple of times I've crashed, I've known exactly what it was, and it was definitively my fault. Or should I say, it was ResHack's fault :blink:

--Ryandor

Reinstalling XP Pro and all it's applications.

Well last weekend, from Friday 6.pm, I decided to use a larger HD to add to my system. I didn't want to do a transfer from 1 HD to another. I spend on avarage 10 hours per-day from scratch getting my system back to how it was on other disk.

Total time='s 42 hours approx of my time.
This included 14 hours of updates.
I had a lot of updates stored on CD, so I guess I save maybe
8 hours downloading. Well I have a IT connection @approx 20k
only service we get in our rural area.

So I have included having to transfer all my legal Pictures, graphics and video/mp3 collections also.
So I went from a near full 100 gig HD to a 200 gig disk and added
more on the following Tuesday.

The service packs are the pain the arse to add, espcially if you have to redownload XP office service packs 1-3 and the little extra updates.

I have 40 gig left on my new HD, as I decided to rip n add more of my music and video.

I always so NO to formatting. It is like the last resort.

If you can take 2 hours to get back what you had before a format then do it.

Personally in my experience it can damages the disk.

Well, it your property do what you want.

i did part 1 of the instructions.. and i got to the startup screen..where it asks for your "Administrator password" but my keyboard and my mouse do not work ... i changed my keyboard from usb to ps2 still nothing...

hmm wonder which one is faster and easier, using ghost program or this way?

This here would have to be the simplest easiest free way of doing it.

Once you have your system setup it is ever so easy to erase any mistakes & start from a good point again. You just have to keep track of what has been installed since the last backup.

The reg thing worked a treat for me, had it done in ten minutes!

Bully Bonus!!

XP TOTALY SUCKS !!! Thats all i can say about them...tested and tested ...etc.... But nothing works as it was anticipated

xp.gif

Dont get me wrong , i use win 2000 Pro SP4; hmm but XP Pro or Home edition SUCKS

Originally posted by GeorgGG
XP TOTALY SUCKS !!! Thats all i can say about them...tested and tested ...etc.... But nothing works as it was anticipated

xp.gif

Dont get me wrong , i use win 2000 Pro SP4; hmm but XP Pro or Home edition SUCKS

Hmmm ... Ok. I have been using XP since it was alpha and have never had a prob with it - I found it to be he easiest OS next to 98 to deal with .. Now if you are talking in an experience of using "Devils Own Windows XP" then yes you would have some probs ..

lechtard

Dont get me wrong , i was Using winXP Pro for ower a month just to test it, but in this times U need a system that works all the time 24/7..no im not talking about server!!!

First U are probobly DL some movies and playing games or etc...ther are lot of combinations, but U nedd stable system that after few hours doesnt eat your RAM (i have512MB but task manager shows me 1000MB, so he is Using virtual ram)

And i need system that U once instal and works, hehe and i known thats not windows, but its ok for 1-2 per year to instal Windows !!!!

Only Win Xp Pro crashed in 2weeks and this sign PRO is S**T, couz im pro user and im usin winXP Pro for extreme work 24/7

My point is that if U wont to have stable system for more than a year U have to get rid of WinXP !!!!

THATS MY OPINION !!! If U think otherwise, i can only say we are humans and we all have different expiriences !!!

Have a good day

Smile.jpg

GeorgGG

i forgot something ....I have original Win XP Pro SP1 !!!:D :D :D

Not some cracked version

Originally posted by GeorgGG
lechtard

Dont get me wrong , i was Using winXP Pro for ower a month just to test it, but in this times U need a system that works all the time 24/7..no im not talking about server!!!

First U are probobly DL some movies and playing games or etc...ther are lot of combinations, but U nedd stable system that after few hours doesnt eat your RAM (i have512MB but task manager shows me 1000MB, so he is Using virtual ram)

And i need system that U once instal and works, hehe and i known thats not windows, but its ok for 1-2 per year to instal Windows !!!!

Only Win Xp Pro crashed in 2weeks and this sign PRO is S**T, couz im pro user and im usin winXP Pro for extreme work 24/7

My point is that if U wont to have stable system for more than a year U have to get rid of WinXP !!!!

THATS MY OPINION !!! If U think otherwise, i can only say we are humans and we all have different expiriences !!!

Have a good day

GeorgGG

Hmm - O.k

1: I don't play games - I do programming and web design ..

2: This is stable - It has not crashed on me once ..

3: I have had this for over a year - I do what is the norm, system clean, reformat every six months whether it needs it or not, ect. ect.

and last but least 4: This is not a cracked version - It is Windows XP Professional MSDN !! this is an official release from M$ pure copy from the MSDN ...

It is all opinion - and if you know about XP, it is nothing but ME and 2000 in one .. there are people who like it and there are people who don't - it's personal preference ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back