windows XP annoyances

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dave_casserly, May 21, 2002.

1. OK

1.when i put a cd in i cant access it from 'my computer', there are no doesnt autorun, it just looks blank. BUT..........if i start up the pc with it in the drive i can access it. BUT....if i then try and switch CD's i then cant access it again. WHY???

2.sometimes some of my startup programs dont launch. WHY????

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I had this problem myself. I'm not sure exactly what the fix was because I did a few things. I flashed my bios to the most current revision, I installed the newest 4 in 1 drivers, and at one point I installed the mini-port drivers (the first time i tried the miniports it crashed me out and i had to use system restore - make a restore point if you need to go that far), and I have no idea if this helped at all, but i also updated the firmware in my burner and dvd roms. I'm running without the miniports now with no problems. I 'think' the thing that helped most was the 4 in 1's.
  3. Waldo

Waldo Guest

Had the exact same problem with an early version of Nero and InCD that was not XP compatible. Uninstalled the software and installed a later version and it fixed it.
  4. well that solves it

i have just installed nero and inCD

ill try uninstallin em