Windows XP Activation

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by rpravda, Jun 28, 2002.

1. rpravda

rpravda Guest

I have been reading different threads about activation and all of a sudden it came to my mind that in the past few months I did several hardware changes such as video card, added two hard drives andactivation never was an issue.

Also, reading Microsoft's support page I found that to check the activation status of my copy I should go under Programs-> Accesories -> sytem tools -> Activation. That a"activation menu" just is not on my computer.

My computer is a build-up and came with XP installed when I bought it. Are there any chances that my XP copy is a pirate
    version? Does anybody know how I can check my activation status?

2. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Petal, Mississippi
    I found the follwing in a ZDNet FAQ:

"Microsoft has responded to user concerns, it says, by making activation as seamless as possible. New hardware with XP pre-installed doesn't require activation and should never require reactivation, even if significant changes are made to the hardware configuration. "

I would guess activation is a none issue in your case!
  3. rpravda

rpravda Guest

That thing was bugging me since I have no clue of my code or activation number whenever I make a change I am praying for my computer to keep running.