Windows XP 64 - Intellipoint/Intellitype

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by PseudoKiller, Aug 28, 2005.

1. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

I am currently using Microsoft's Wireless Optical Desktop Elite Keyboard and Mouse. Since I am running Windows XP 64 bit I am only able to use the native drivers. I have tried to installed the Intellitype and Intellipoint 5.2 drivers / software but of course it wont install. Does anyone know if there is software for this hardware or when M$ will release an updated version??
    [​IMG]
    Side Note... <sheesh>Kind of stupid on M$'s part to release an OS not completely compatible with there own hardware. </sheesh>

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I have the same keyboard and alot of the buttons seem to work, no cool OSD stuff though. I will ask around.

3. dragonbeat

dragonbeat old timer

Go to the kensington website and try installing kensington drivers for the mouse as it worked a treat for my microsoft wireless optical mouse ( mk 1 )the version you are after is 6.0.3 and that is for the kensington optical wireless mouse.hope this helps you as it works a treat on my x64 OS

4. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

The wireless keyboard and mouse work... It's the some of the butotns on the keyboard that are not working ... some do work, like EP says, but not all do. Plus I need the software that comes with it. I customize a bunch of buttons on both the keyboard and mouse.

Good luck EP, I have searched M$ own forums (that was a waste of time, and I thought I was clueless) I even searched the sites M$ has recommended from Microsoft Windows XP 64 Bit Again that turned out to be a fruitless search. I am not even finding anyone else asking about it... weird.