Windows XP 64-bit Edition release date?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Skwowwy, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Skwowwy

Skwowwy 1337ness

This question may or may not have been asked already, but either way, it'd be nice to have some clarification about this uncertainty.

When does Windows XP 64-bit Edition get released?

There should be some information about that roaming around. I couldn't find much information on Microsoft's site. I think there is only a beta version available, so that doesn't help much. >_o

If we can follow its development in this thread, we'll have a nice overview of the whole thing (and possibly a prediction of the release date if it isn't confirmed yet). It's just my suggestion to follow the development of this edition of Windows, just like you guys did with Service Pack 2 for Windows XP 32-bit. *shrugs* Anyhow, information about this is always welcome. :)

2. Tweakfiend

Tweakfiend OSNN Senior Addict

The last beta edition issued has a run date of 360 days........ so would seem to be several months minimum.

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Gonna try and ask Jed, the Windowsxp community leader, some questions about it as I will be looking to ge it myself, if it is worth it I will post wha tI can find out on the frontpage and in here.

4. Skwowwy

Skwowwy 1337ness

Alrighty, I'm curious what he'll say. :D