Windows Vista X86 Pre-RC1 build 5536.16385 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason 5536 product key is not listed in the list of product keys for Windows Vista... the highest it goes to is 5384...? I know I am asking a really dum a** question but can somebody help.

5536 is not in the list, it would not be the same key as the last build would it...? I can not imagine they would use the same product key...?

Last edited:
So there is NO x64 planned ? I hope that means they are quite ahead of schedule on x64 and don't need to test this build. ;)

So there is NO x64 planned ? I hope that means they are quite ahead of schedule on x64 and don't need to test this build. ;)

Not at the moment...? this will probably be introduced in either the next build or next RC. It might not be until RTM... Who knows, at the moment I can not find the product key :tired: :angry: :s :eek: :speechless: :cry:

NOTE: There is no X64 ISO available for this release.

yeah. the 5342 and up key works. makes sense too, since they didn't really REQUIRE you to request a new key since 5342 came out.

I wish they would use torrents to distribute. Would make the download so much faster. The download manager was only downloading about 900kb and then saying it was finished. The real "browser" way is taking a bit longer, but at least it is downloading the whole thing.

At 8% :( Oh well, prob be able to install in the morning.

I tried this early this morning when it was first said on the Vista Team Blog, it doesn't work for me. Downloads 1KB and says finished.

I tried this early this morning when it was first said on the Vista Team Blog, it doesn't work for me. Downloads 1KB and says finished.

same thing that happened with me when I tried to use the downloader. Try the link for the file.

Tried that too. I'll wait for RC1. Thanks Lack.

Buzz on the street is that RC1 may come out as early as Sept 5th :D

Got it! Minor problem with MCE at starup, but so far works good (web browsing and such). Still have to DL gfdrivers and test in games and such.
I've read earlier that there are some problems with internet connection via marvell lan chip, but mine worked from the start.

Are you not on the technical beta matt?
Yes, I am. I was having problems downloading it there too. I finally got it.

Word to the wise though: Don't install on Virtual PC, it took FOREVER!

What did you allocate to the Virtual PC for resources matt?

512MB. But it's not even that. It doesn't work very well on a Virtual Hard Disk. I need XP on my test box because some things aren't compatible with Vista yet.

Can you test out the sync program since you have it installed already? :)

I caved.. downloading the build now. except its got me capped at 80kb/s. :( It will take over 10 hours at this pace whereas it usually takes 2 hrs at around 800kb/s :(

Do they often cap speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back