Windows Vista SP1 - hacked!!!!

I don't think tieing down the security on the SP1 was one of its big features.
The problem is that if they made the activation process or security too hard then legit users would suffer.

you mean ike the update they did that said the key i have was already in use, i had to phone up to get it activated, and if you read the blerb for the update, its along the lines of, "this update will help to reduce the steps needed in order to activate your windows vista system"

Ye right!!! :p

yet i had no issues reactivating it 2 times after a reinstall, because i activated it first then got the updates :p

Well not surpised at the fact the hackers or pirates or whatever you want to call them already found new ways around the improvements MS put in to slow down the pirates etc.

Will be interesting to keep reading the reports and see what happens

no you can see why i never bought a a copy of any OS till XP, there was no need, the hackers will always win as there are more of them and most hate MS

I have never had to call any tech support line for XP or Vista :(

Why don't I ever get to have any fun :(

I will admit, I have been using a hacked version of windows for my whole time using windows. Same with a lot of things I use. I just now recently got XP for real. And I am about to buy Vista Ultimate because I am tired of doing the hacking and tweaking and all that stuff. Even if they make it very easy to have it free, having a nice cd and legit package is nice. :)

if you get vista (pre sp1) dont get any updates till you have activated it, and saz if you want you can do the same, install vista, get all the updates then try to activate it :p

no, i installed it - used it for a few days to see if i liked it, it downloaded all the updates - including one which was supposed to make your activating vista experience easier, well it didn't, brand new ultimate bought 3 days before i tried to activate it and it says the key is in use, i rang MS, they told me to ring the 0800 number to activate it - if it wouldn't they would give me a new ultimate code.

They did say that the WPA/WGA update may be the issue, so when i got my new pc i activated the git first, no problems that time :)

I have never had to call any tech support line for XP or Vista :(

Why don't I ever get to have any fun :(

You're lucky, I have to give the activation line a ring everytime I reinstall my bootcamp windows then want to use it through vmware as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back