Windows Vista Build 5472 on Microsoft Connect

Yeah basically they are just saying milestone wise 5487 should be next, but by the time that happens the build number should be a bit higher.

I think?

I just put it to the Windows Vista Beta Newsgroup to see what they think...

Thanks any way that has cleared my head... :)

OK I think I have established what builds are available, to people like myself who are technical beta testers we are on build 5472 interim builds to manufacturers and MSDN Subscribers are on higher builds which is a little unfair, but what the heck at least I was excepted to test Windows Vista. The next available build to technical testers apparently will be 5492. Although this will probably change before it is made avaialbe

Last edited:
Ok.... i'm hoping someone here might be able to help me. as you may know, i've been having trouble getting Vista working on my PC.... since it seems to have a faux second-display theme kinda going on. I've installed vista, lost the display of the setup process after what seemed to be the installation of video drivers (which is what's been happening before), and now, after leaving it sit at the screen with the build info in the bottom right corner, and nothing but black, i have gotten to the point where when i start into Vista, i see a blue orb with the Windows logo in the middle that comes on screen, then fades away, and i'm now left with absolutely nothing but my cursor (if i don't move it to said faux second display) on screen.

Can someone tell me..... exactly what is after the thing with the blue orb with the windows logo? is it the part of the setup process where you set account names, workgroup name, etc... or is it actually when Vista loads and you can login? maybe a screenshot/camera picture could be helpful? really wanna try these builds of Vista, but they just never seem to work for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back