Windows Vista Build 5342 Ultimate (EDW / March Refresh)

Has anyone been able to active Vista yet?

Also, I'm using Avast. Terrible AV in my opinion, I like AVG.

Admiral Michael said:
Has anyone been able to active Vista yet?

Also, I'm using Avast. Terrible AV in my opinion, I like AVG.
nope can't activate yet

Anti-virus???

I had no intentions of installing anything like that.

Hey they need to see how Vista responds to virii too ;)

I had to remove Avast as I was having problems with programs not responding as well.

EDIT: Has anyone installed Logitech Setpoint? I'm going crazy not being able to use my shortcut buttons, especially the play/pause/skip ones for winamp.

EDIT2: Installed setpoint, it can't find anything :(

Last edited:
The download finished right before I came to work. Hopefully will get a chance to install and play shortly :D

Imagine me I try to install it hehehe. I think, I need ISO reader something like that I dont know, Do you have a thread with "Install Windows Vista for Dummies" here somewhere?:) Thank you for answer

The file look like zip but it's not I try to unzip and I read this:

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

What that's mean ? Thank you

you need a program like WinISO. If you want to burn it to a disc and have nero simple open the iso and it will burn it. DO NOT add the file to a Data disc.

lkyng said:
The file look like zip but it's not I try to unzip and I read this:

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

What that's mean ? Thank you
It looks like a rar or zip but its not. its an iso, and image of a DVD. Need a program like Nero and select theburn image to disc option, then stick it in your machine and boot from it.... Just like AM said ;)

Can anyone please supply me with the latest requirments needed to install and run Windows VISTA on Pc and if there isnt any trouble give me the Minimum And Recommended specifications .

thanx alot in advance

There are no official definitive specs yet cause its still in beta and thus subject to change.
however its fairly standard, comparable to XP
at least 512 RAM, pref 1gb
i'm not sure what the min is but i would say 20gb HD space for install + swap + programs
half decent 3d graphics card if you want to use the glass theme, however if its not capable it will automatically scale down the UI graphics.
DVD drive to install it :)
CPU wise, i'm running it on a 1.6gh machine, and it runs ok. bit slow in places. so i would say around that or higher obviously.

thats all i can think of :)

can somebody tell me the download link of windows vista...please i have a msdn acount.
thanks

if you have a msdn account it should be listed under operaating systems (i think)

Gosh Darnit.

Something happened to my download, as I only have a 4KB file in the folder it downloaded to :s

What files am I supposed to have?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back