Windows Vista Build 5270 (Dec CTP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, thanks man. Just another screen of the Calendar? Pretty please :p

Grandmaster said:
Excellent, thanks man. Just another screen of the Calendar? Pretty please :p
wincal4yv.png

You can tell it's a work-in-progress. :)

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

Those screenshots are awesome!

Those programs look amazing, I have to get this beta!

Reps to you NetRyder, keep up the good work :)

In regards to Windows Mail Spam, I'm a little surprised that is as good as full blown Outlook, not more comparable to what is now Outlook Express..

I managed to install the drivers, finally :D

Only problem is that now my Aero Glass is broken :(!!
Before I installed the Omegas, I had the windows looking like the screens you were showing Net, with the semi transparent glossy-ish look. Now it looks like this:
calendar7xt.jpg

Same thing happened when I attempted to install the normal Vista Beta drivers by ATI. I'm gonna keep digging at this, lots of feedback for MS to work on :p

Any time lines before they go open Beta? or IF they will?

Beta 2 is supposed to be public, which was slated for Dec '05 release but it was pushed back. I don't believe a set in stone date has yet been released for that build.

mlakrid said:
Any time lines before they go open Beta? or IF they will?
No confirmed timelines as of now, but I wouldn't expect it until Feb 2006 at the earliest.

apu95 said:
I managed to install the drivers, finally :D

Only problem is that now my Aero Glass is broken :(!!
Before I installed the Omegas, I had the windows looking like the screens you were showing Net, with the semi transparent glossy-ish look. Now it looks like this:

Same thing happened when I attempted to install the normal Vista Beta drivers by ATI. I'm gonna keep digging at this, lots of feedback for MS to work on :p
I'm guessing it's because the Omegas are non-LDDM drivers. You can still trick the system and turn it on by adding a DWORD value called "UseMachineCheck" (set the value to 0) to the following reg key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DWM

Restart the User Experience Session Management Service after you add it. :)

NetRyder said:
No confirmed timelines as of now, but I wouldn't expect it until Feb 2006 at the earliest.

I waited this long I can wait a little longer....

:D

Will the public release be beta 1 or beta 2.

.... I was a little confused there. It will be beta 2. Wow. Does this seem like a fairly big jump, going from 5270 to public beta 2. I would agree NR, February at the earliest.

Last edited:
/jumps around like a little school girl...

Yeah, Beta 1 was in July, which I was lucky atm to grab b/c I had a MSDNN, which has since expired :(

Community Technology Previews (CTP's) are normally to a limited audience. Beta's are usually somewhat more public, although that isn't always the case.

kcnychief said:
Yeah, Beta 1 was in July, which I was lucky atm to grab b/c I had a MSDNN, which has since expired :(

Community Technology Previews (CTP's) are normally to a limited audience. Beta's are usually somewhat more public, although that isn't always the case.

I think I still remember the MSDN subscription for my old work... Heh

/goes to look around...

NetRyder said:
I'm guessing it's because the Omegas are non-LDDM drivers. You can still trick the system and turn it on by adding a DWORD value called "UseMachineCheck" (set the value to 0) to the following reg key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DWM

Restart the User Experience Session Management Service after you add it. :)

Awesome, it works :D
I think the Omega drivers broke something though, because when I click on the volume icon to check the individual volume settings for each program, instead of showing the volume bars, it shows everything black instead. Not sure why it may have happened though, but no biggie :p.

Happy new years guys!!

apu95 said:
Awesome, it works :D
I think the Omega drivers broke something though, because when I click on the volume icon to check the individual volume settings for each program, instead of showing the volume bars, it shows everything black instead. Not sure why it may have happened though, but no biggie :p.
Yeah, that happens on my machine as well. That's because the UseMachineCheck hack has not been fully tested and is not actually supposed to be used. It won't work once Vista goes RTM. The only "proper" way to enable Glass is to have a DX9-capable GPU with LDDM drivers installed.

I want this build. You have to have an MSDN subscription for it? Or have you guys been getting it from P2P networks? That must be illegal......?

GEN3RIC said:
I want this build. You have to have an MSDN subscription for it? Or have you guys been getting it from P2P networks? That must be illegal......?
I'm on the official technical beta program, which is how I get access to the monthly CTPs.
From apu95's first post, I'm guessing he acquired his copy through his university's MSDNAA subscription.

Robert Fripp was on the Microsoft campus a few weeks back. He's the famous guitarist and composter, known for his founding role in the band King Crimson.

So, what was he doing on campus? Recording the various sounds we'll all hear in Windows Vista.

This is a different kind of Channel 9 video. We needed to be quiet during the recording session so you can just follow along. It's a little audio preview of what Windows Vista will sound like.
http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=151853 :)

How much disk space does the latest build take up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back