Windows Vista Build 5259 (Nov TAP CTP)

wow is 5259 a resource hog........ granted it's still heavily beta-ish..... and still has a lot of bugs to work out, and performance tweaks to be had...... but wow. looks pretty sweet though. love the glass effect. also love the little "View all windows" button that's in the Quick Launch bar area, which is the button that does that thing like they showed in the video's and stuff, where it gives the windows kind of an index card holder kinda look, so you can click on the window you want to bring to the front, and POOF there it is.

on the "resource hog" part..... don't think my CPU usage ever dropped below 50%

There were reasons why 5259 was not released as a regular CTP.
The performance issue could be one of them. Bring on the December CTP! :)

hopefully soon. lol. god i want to actually be able to use it relatively well.......

NetRyder said:
See the second post in the thread. :)

Bah, reading is over-rated :cool:

I really need to stop skimming and skipping old posts :s

EDIT: NR, confirmation on 12/7 being launch date for IE 7 Beta 2?

kcnychief said:
EDIT: NR, confirmation on 12/7 being launch date for IE 7 Beta 2?
That originated from the rumours of the Vista Beta 2 release date (Dec 7). Now that Beta 2 has been pushed to early next year, I wouldn't count on a new IE 7 drop just yet. Could happen, but I strongly doubt it.

i like the new taskbar, is there anyway to get that and use it in xp?

that sucks, i dont like windowsblinds...what do you think..should i try it out?

failurbydesign said:
that sucks, i dont like windowsblinds...what do you think..should i try it out?

I haven't had a chance to try 5, but it's the new version and it's supposed to be a vast improvement. The only complaint I used to have with WindowsBlinds was how much of a resource hog it was, but that's apparently been the biggest improvement in the new version.

You can just try the free version to test it out, nothing much to lose there :)

well i was able to get it to work...check it out...

Last edited:
Nicely done ;) I wish I was in Cali right now...it's 7 Faranheit here :S

thanks, i like it, the glass version is way better..well i wish i was in snow on my board, but not yet..

i'm pretty sure it can be hidden afterwards.... didn't actually play around in it much. i might try to do a repair install of it in a little bit or later tonight to hopefully fix whatever the hell screwed up when i tried to install NVidia's Vista drivers (which i shoulda known better NOT to do since it said that they were for Beta 1 and not Beta 2... plus that it looked like the ones installed by Vista were a newer version anyway) cause after Vista's running for a bit, my monitor suddenly goes into somewhat of a standby phase...... that i can't take it out of.

ming said:
http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/vista_5259_005.jpg

They REALLY do want to show who the publisher is, don't they?!
I hope that the users can hide such info on the completed product...
What Paul's using in that screenshot looks like a version of the Tiled view.
That's just one of the many views available. Even in the current builds, you just have to click the View button that you see in the toolbar and it'll switch between various views, ranging from small, large, and insanely large icons (for high-res displays) to tile and detailed views.

yep..... just the view he's used. that's the only one that shows the publisher in that way. some views show the whole details part of the file, which includes the publisher and everything, and others are just the name of the file. GOD do i wish there were better drivers for Vista already...... really sucks puttering around with it on crappy drivers. the glass effects and stuff probably don't help much..... speakin of which.... where the hell did they go? CRAP!

edit: phew... nevermind. appears that the glass effect get's automatically shut off when IE, and possibly other windows, like folder windows, are maximized.

failurbydesign said:
well i was able to get it to work...check it out...

what app is that in the top right hand corner? looks really nice.

When your downloading with that theme the progress bar is green, since im dont like green (only green day..HA) i changed it to blue..check it out..

edit: there is nothing illegal in this screen shot...j/k..for those of you who know what i mean..hehe...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back