Windows Vista Beta 1 announced!

jimi_81 said:
so what would be the justification of paying $500.00 + for an XP Pro full retail equivalent. besides the makeover, what are some of the benefits?

XP was hyped up to be the best. and for the most part it has been. i never issues, so no complaints. but with Vista, how can they make a system more uncrashable? the only annoyance with XP is the constant flow of security updates... and i can take a guess that Vista will be no different.

Will they make it more difficult to pirate perhaps?
I suggest looking at the MSDN link I posted above, seeing some of the fundamental architectural changes that are being made (such as UAP), and deciding for yourself.

It's far bigger than just a UI makeover if you ask me. :)

The DVD image is now up on MSDN. ISO size is over 2GB - 2478.3 MB :eek:

Channel9 has a video interview up with Chris Jones, Corporate Vice President of Windows Vista.

Today Microsoft is signing off on beta 1 of Windows Vista. There's a big party on campus and all that. Betas will soon be available for MSDN Universal, Enterprise, Professional, and Operating System Subscribers.

As usual, we wanted to get the straight scoop so we went to Chris Jones, who is a corporate vice president tasked with building and shipping a high quality Windows Vista product. He tells us what's in beta 1 and what to expect at the PDC.
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=92834

OMG

Restart Manager detects processes that have files in use and gracefully stops and restarts them without the need to restart the entire machine. Applications that are written to take advantage of the new Restart Manager features can be restarted and restored to the same state and with the same data as before the restart.

i'm sold.

Downloading from MSDN now at 281kb/sec. Only 2 hours 47 mins remaining :)

is there any way we can legaly try this out sign up for something pay. Id love to play with this. in a legal way. Another thing how do you become a MSDN subscriber is it as simple as signing up?

VenomXt said:
is there any way we can legaly try this out sign up for something pay. Id love to play with this. in a legal way. Another thing how do you become a MSDN subscriber is it as simple as signing up?
It's pretty costly to sign up for MSDN. Not sure of what, if any the requirements are to sign up

Any chance that someone could let me get my hands on a copy?
Do you need to pay to join MSDN?

i plan on staying in this community (im abig nerd and is slowly becoming my proffession.) so i would really like to become a member. How much is costly? what are the benifits other than a cd key in your email hehe.

OH SH*T um i need a company to pay for this..

Thank god P2P does *not* exist.

I know,thats why I wasn't sure if it was the correct answer,bloody daylight robbery :eek: :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back