Windows Update

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
Hello all,

Lately I've been running windows update and it has been forcing version 5 upon me. Is that correct? Version 4 used to run fine but v5 is giving me troubles, does anyone know what's up?

vivid

Did you install SP2? It upgrades you OS, and automatically has you begin using V.5. If you haven't installed SP2, then they must be rolling out the new Windows update, if they are, that means they are also rolling out SP2 (or at least the RC2).

Exactly what kind of problems are you having with the V.5 Windows Update? Something you can do that should work if you MUST go back to V.4 is to go to Windows Update, and then when you get to the home page, turn the "5" in the URL to a "4" and hit enter (it worked for me a couple weeks ago).

If you can though describe your problem, and see if someone can help you fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back