Windows Update Prob

thebear

d(-.-)b
this is strange...it seems that my Windows Update enjoys installing certain updates multiple times. I constantly get alerts saying to install an update, even when I already have installed it. Right now it is telling me to install update #819696 - but I think I already have pressed install for it 2 or 3 times....any idea on the prob?

I'm having the same problem with 823980 - the RPC patch. I've installed it twice using Windows Update, and once more using the standalone installer.
Looks like it's just a bug in WU, so I'm letting it go for now...

I get that all the time.I'd try to install one then get the message that it's failed and when I looked in the history I'd see that I've already got it.

I have 5 updates wrote on a piece of paper (814995,814003,810833,329170 and 817287) so I don't try to install them again.........Get's annoying having to remove them from window's update everytime I want to install the new ones :mad:

Originally posted by Evil Marge
I get that all the time.I'd try to install one then get the message that it's failed and when I looked in the history I'd see that I've already got it.

I have 5 updates wrote on a piece of paper (814995,814003,810833,329170 and 817287) so I don't try to install them again.........Get's annoying having to remove them from window's update everytime I want to install the new ones :mad:

from windows updates main page, click personalise windows update, from there you can untick any problem patch's so they dont show again. :) hope that helps a bit marge

It's a bug i hear about often, but have never seen it (dont normally use WU)

Use hfnetchk or MSBA to verifiy the patch status and then do as above :)

"Log off Life" thats beautiful GoNzO Man,

Hey what is up with Micro$oft these days. Is Bill on an extended leave of absence and all the boys at update are smoken some Gongi. They had nvidia drivers in the critical updates a month or so ago, and then the 18 year old psycho from Minn. ignites the worm through their a hole in the MS OS system. What the hell is up with that :eek: ... I think most of those critical updates are crap anyway. Probably just droppen scanners in our rigs to check out how where surfen and to see how much of us have warez..

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back